Default Clear vs. Cloudy Honey

I know a friend who I am watching their business. They are experts at marketing and I have an appreciation for their ability to communicate effectively (market their products). A week or so ago, they published some pictures of them finishing some bottles of their honey what was kind of a red color and extremely clear. I asked them how the filtered their honey and they said they don't filter. They only use a single strainer.

I don't understand. Can you make crystal clear honey will just strainers? Mine is a bit cloudy and I believe all the pollen is why.....

Any comments?

Regards,
    Phil
    Grandchildren are the best.... Bees a close second....

Default Re: Clear vs. Cloudy Honey

My honey is cloudy until the 'air' escapes to the top of the bucket.. My honey goes from the extractor, thru a strainer (fine- nylon), into a bucket with a gate, I leave the honey in a closed bucket over night. Then it goes into the bottles.. It's clear and amber in color.. Sometimes the thick a bottle is the less clear the honey will look--like looking thru thick glass and is cloudy looking..

leave the honey 24 hours before you bottle. Much of the micro air bubbles will raise to the top.
    Old Guy in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by New Ky Beekeeper View Post
    .. Mine is a bit cloudy and I believe all the pollen is why.....

Any comments?

Regards,
    Phil
    Honey with pollen should still appear clear - you probably have some crystalized honey from your extraction - consider placing in warm car or heat in water bath to 100 degrees for at least an hour to dissolve any crystals and see if it clears. May also appear a bit darker after mild heating - and of course don't heat to the point where you burn the honey. Good luck and let us know what you find.