Default Carniolan/Italian characteristics?

Can any of your breeder give me some info on the Carni/Italian Hybrid, disposition, hygienic etc..
    Thanks

Default Re: Carniolan/Italian characteristics?

I run alot of Carni X Italians in my hives. They are very gentle; I can work them without protective clothing. They also exhibit good hygienic behavior and great honey production.

Benjamin

Thanks Benjamin
    Sounds like good ones to work with,or to be more accurate good ones to work me.

G'ville, I run 100 hives just north of you, all Carni/Italian cross. They are excellent honey producers and winter well.

That sounds wonderful, been told by several folks that it is a good mix. I can say that the queens are very fast, hehehe
    I was trying to make sure the new queen was still in the hive and not killed off by these little vicious ladies,well during my several locating methods she ends up outside of the hive and under the screened bottom board, after several attempts I finally had her in hand and finally got her to walk back into the hive. If my neighbors were watching I am sure they enjoyed themselves, me chasing the queen, yelling come back came back, on my hands and knees finding her back under the bottom board.
    After all that confusion, if she leaves , couldn't much blame her. She is a beauty for sure