Default Tops and bottom boards

Has anyone used a product called HDO formboard for your equiptment. It is a 7 ply plyboard made with special glues and is supposed to withstand warping and weather very well. Actually it is a concrete form board that is made to be used over and over. Ive always used regular plywood but was told this stuff is supperior. Thanks for any input

Default Re: Tops and bottom boards

TSmith...Never used it, but there is a product called "Advantec" that will last on and on. No warp, no seperation, even if not painted. It is heavy for bottom boards, but great for tops. You can get about 10 migratory tops from a 4X8 sheet. Sheet costs about $35.00. It is the only thing I use for my 150 hives.

cchoganjr

Yeah. I've had a piece of Advantec sitting out in the weather for a couple of years. It hasn't changed at all. It's available at any lumber yard. It's heavy, though.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. -Frank Zappa

Is it like regular plywood or is it a particle board. Thanks

T Smith... Thru top feeders.jpgIt is a particle (huge chips) board. Great for tops. Also good for a temporary top to drill the hole and feed through the top using a jar with holes in the lid.

cchoganjr