Hybrid View

Embarrassed maxant extractor ???

Hello i live in Nova Scotia Canada and i am a new Beekeeper starting out and i have NO extraction equipment at all. I hear good things about Maxant equipment, but i have no idea what extractor to start with, i hate buying things twice !!! so i thought i would get a 9 or higher frame radial electric possibly the 1400 model. who has one and is it better to buy from the Manufacturer in the US or from a reseller in canada, i don't know if i could afford the freight from the US. i have read lots of posts and they say borrow or rent or even try to find used.....well i don't like to borrow or rent and used is very hard to find here. i like to be totally self reliant when it comes to what i need and use. i don't like lending so i don't expect it in return, that's just the way i am : )

So i saw a Maxant owner or worker here on the site, do they ship to Canada for a REASONABLE price?? i do run a family small business with my father and fiance ect and know the costs of shipping ie pallet charges/customs ect , but some places that sell extractors have free freight with any purchase of 100 dollars or more .
    the extractor will probably lead to other purchases and first impressions are key with me.

Let me know what you all think please

Thank you
    Ben

Default Re: maxant extractor ???

I have the 1400 and it is wonderfu. nicely balanced, variable speed, holds 20 frames. My only complaint is that the legs are not quite long enough to allow a 5 gallon bucket with strainer to easily fit under the honey gate, so I put it up on a couple of 2x8's for that extra clearance. problem solved.

ive got a pump from them and its great. but just starting out, i highly recommend looking for used first. It tool 2 years to pay mine off (20 frame dadant) and now I kinda wish I either went bigger or got smaller used and saved up for a cowen horizontal... but thats all relative...

We ship to Canada on a weekly basis, and also shop out the best freight rates.
    Shipping to a address with a loading dock will cut down on the cost vs going to a residence.
    Sometimes its better to buy from a dealer. You will need to find a customs broker to get it across the
    border if you buy direct. We have a few dealers in Canada currently.
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

I put mine up on wheels added an extra 6 inches.

Bucket fits nicely. Wheels lock and keep it in one place. Only if it is balanced. When it gets wobbly it walks on you.