Default Looking foe a bee suit

After being stung last year twice and this year once , all on the forehead close to eyes I have decided to get a suit. Was using a home made veil but it was not very good. And recommendations? I am looking for fairly inexpensive.

Thanks
    Mike

Default Re: Looking foe a bee suit

I got a jacket with a zip off veil from Glory Bee and it seems fine. Cost about $35 plus shipping. It is a little odd in that the zipper to zip the jacket is "backward". I mean the zip part is on the wrong side, like a woman's jacket but mine was an XL that easily fits me at 6'4". I can live with the zipper for the price. I've just been wearing my jeans on the bottom half and tucking them into my socks to prevent them crawling up my legs! For gloves I've been using nitrile.

Here's a link to the jackets- http://beekeeping.glorybee.com/shop/...ts/?page=99999

--Sherman

The light weight bee jacket, $17.95 or so, makes a nice light weight protector. Got one for my grandson and now he can get right in as always but I don't worry about stings.

BTW my mentor told me to get stung about once a week or I'd become over sensitive to it. I know if I go more than two weeks without getting stung I do react worse. At once a week it's just a sting and it's over.

My first jacket, which is now my cool weather jacket, came from Mann Lake.

http://www.mannlakeltd.com/beekeepin...s/page111.html

While not as inexpensive as others, the quality is fine, and there is nothing about it that I don't like...
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Quote Originally Posted by Wm.Mike View Post
    After being stung last year twice and this year once , all on the forehead close to eyes I have decided to get a suit. Was using a home made veil but it was not very good. And recommendations? I am looking for fairly inexpensive.

Thanks
    Mike
    well if you want a suit what i did was , bought a pair of coveralls from my fire and saftey supplier (local) Big Bill coveralls all White. they were around $55 canadian plus tax and i just need to either tape the sleeves and legs shut orput elastic or velcro on them. for ventillation i am putting a mesh where the pocket is for getting to your pants ect under the coveralls. So all i need after that is my Veil. simple and not 150 ++++ dollars so if you find a store that sells Big Bill or whatever, check for White coveralls .

Hope this helps

Ben

I just bought a cheap smock off of ebay for $25.00 shipped, I posted a review of it a few posts down and the more experienced keeps gave it a thumbs down, but for a guy like me with one hive, in a cool climate, and I don't care what it looks like, I thought it was a good deal.
    Inexpensive.
    Fits me wll at 6' and 200lbs.