Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Brushy Mnt

16K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  Beetrucker74 
#1 ·
I made a bad review on a nuc feeder that I got from Brushy Mnt almost 2 months ago, and they never posted it. I went ahead and made a good review on the nucs that I bought, and it was posted the next week. What gives Brushy, thats a pretty lousy way of doing business if you ask me. I wonder if I would have bought the nuc feeders if I would have read a bad review on them first, no. But Im still waiting on you to do free shipping in December, so I can place a big order. Thanks Steve

#2 ·
Re: Brushy Mnt not showing bad reviews

I like Brushy mtn for the most part but shipping is rediculous and their website screws up alot mis quoting shipping costs.
Then takes them a few days to let you know you can pay more or cancel..
ill stick with Mann Lake...they offer free shipping on most orders over $100

#8 ·

I like Brushy mtn for the most part but shipping is rediculous and their website screws up alot mis quoting shipping costs.
Then takes them a few days to let you know you can pay more or cancel..
ill stick with Mann Lake...they offer free shipping on most orders over $100
This has been my experience. I have had to cancel 2-3 orders because of it.

There is some beekeeping stuff on Amazon.com...wish there was more, as I have Amazon Prime and shipping is free.

#3 ·

Beeman I agree with you unless you are buying complete hives. There shipping I personally think they are makeing $ on it. But overall I have had good luck with them. What is this free shipping in Dec. SFISHER I have never seen them offer free shipping. I know Kellybees offers free shipping over thanks giving week.

#4 ·

I noticed that trend as well. One other bee store does something similar. All their pricing is low, but shipping is like $40 and the price of shipping increases as you add more items. They do say shipping includes certain fees etc... but it's obviously where they're marking stuff up and making their money but they suck you in with the low prices.

#11 ·

I have ordered several items this year from Brushy Mountain, and they have shipped faster than any other supplier. I don't find shipping charges any higher than other places,but I think they are all extremely high. It doesn't pay to order a small item as the shipping cost may be higher than the price of the item. This is true of all items that I haver ordered from the internet.it would be rather easy to obtain their shipping rates and compare to others but not worth the time as my orders are not substantial.

#15 ·
Shipping aside ...... Why would they hold back publishing a bad review ... and then publish a good review ??? seems like they probably toss every bad review and dont let the costumers have the real story on the products that they sell

The High price pruducts and the high priced shipping combined with the sorted reviews in favor of their company steer this guy (and others like you) to better companies

Mann Lake and Dadant are great people and dont lie to the public ..... my two and a half cents

#19 ·
xcugat at least you could put a box on yours. The problem with the nuc feeder, which I stated in my review, is that a box wont fit on top of the feeder. The feeder is to big, I had to build my own. And then the telescopic top just fit over the shims (boxs) I built. I didnt think to measure for that, I got luck by a 1/8".

#20 ·
Here are some of my recent orders with shipping prices

Brushy Mnt
Order, Shipping cost
134.80, 20.50
167.20, 22.86
17.35, 9.53
43.65, 11.60

Pigeon Mnt
Order, Shipping cost
120.78, 33.98

Walter Kelly
Order, Shipping cost
104.00, 16.32

I dont think Brushy is that far out of line on shipping; if at all. Also you have to remember alot of the things we buy from the bee suppliers are over sized, which I'm sure cost more to ship.

#22 ·
I agree that they should post all the reviews, bad and good.

There are items Brushy has that no one else does that I like alot. The transport/robber and the florida robber screens have been a huge help for me. Also, they have a cardboard wax covered nuk that is my favorite of the 3 kinds I've tried. It has inserts that are frame holders where they sit more secure in the box. I didn't need a special stapler for it as I did with a different one from another company. Shipping was fast and I didn't think price any different than Dadant or other major supplier. I also got some mason jar lids from them that were much more reasonable than anywhere else I've seen.

#23 ·
Well their shipping may be in line with the others but its still rather expensive.
and I have shipped boxes larger then what I have recieved for half the price.
But like I said earlier... I like brushy mtn. I order from them alot...
Their shipping is fast and their great to talk to on the phone.
BUT when I place a $200-$300 order and they misquote the shipping.
Then I get a call almost a week later because they wanna add another $75 for shipping... Its just fustrating...
As for their products, they do carry good quality stuff. Atleast what I have ordered was.
but yeah shipping costs have prevented me from placing more then one order with them..

#25 ·
I use Walter T. Kelley and have never had a problem. There website works fine and they have excellent customer service. As for shipping, since I attend their yearly beek school the first of June, I just place a phone order before the class and when I show up, my order is on the loading dock in a nice, neat stack. (Just my $0.02)

Phil

#26 ·
@ Honeydew

Thought you were responding to previous poster that stated Mann Lake shipping was free over $100 bucks, which it is. Thought you were saying that only applied east of MS river. Accept my deepest apologies to misinterpretation of your response. So Mann Lake shipping IS FREE COUNTRYWIDE over $100.

#29 · (Edited)
why should I have to submit it a secomd time?
Because stuff happens. I get emails complaining about this or that on the forum not working only to find out there was a legitimate reason why it wasn't. Often due to user issues. Anytime people are involved in making something work there will be problems. I step away for a few days to take a vacation and these sorts of things can very easily slip through the cracks. So try again and see what happens. I'd be surprised that an online business offering feedback on products would be so naive to think they could squelch all negative feedback. This age of business doesn't work that way. Perhaps they have rules for posting feedback and you didn't follow them? I don't know, but trying to point out that it's rarely so cut and dry. Members here post messages that contain inappropriate words. If I have time I may edit the post. Other times I simply delete it. Another possible reason.

#32 ·
This is what I got for an "entrance reducer." Am I wrong for thinking they should have just called it a block of wood, not an entrance reducer? I actually do use both sizes of entrances on my nucs. Teeny. Not so Teeny. And a little grass to make Not so Teeny bigger than Teeny but smaller than Not so Teeny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.