Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brushy Mnt

Default Re: Brushy Mnt not showing bad reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Coast beek View Post
    Interesting since they have a branches in Cali and Mn. Dunno ...
    sorry we're talking Brushy Mt. here and I don't think they have branches in Cali. or Mn. you are obviously thinking Mann Lake
    Honeydew

Default Re: Brushy Mnt

I agree that they should post all the reviews, bad and good.

There are items Brushy has that no one else does that I like alot. The transport/robber and the florida robber screens have been a huge help for me. Also, they have a cardboard wax covered nuk that is my favorite of the 3 kinds I've tried. It has inserts that are frame holders where they sit more secure in the box. I didn't need a special stapler for it as I did with a different one from another company. Shipping was fast and I didn't think price any different than Dadant or other major supplier. I also got some mason jar lids from them that were much more reasonable than anywhere else I've seen.
    "Rule Three of beekeeping...Never cease to feel wonder" Laurie R. King--
    March 2010; +/- 30 hives, TF

Well their shipping may be in line with the others but its still rather expensive.
    and I have shipped boxes larger then what I have recieved for half the price.
    But like I said earlier... I like brushy mtn. I order from them alot...
    Their shipping is fast and their great to talk to on the phone.
    BUT when I place a $200-$300 order and they misquote the shipping.
    Then I get a call almost a week later because they wanna add another $75 for shipping... Its just fustrating...
    As for their products, they do carry good quality stuff. Atleast what I have ordered was.
    but yeah shipping costs have prevented me from placing more then one order with them..

I wish they'd send nails with their boxes like Kelley's does.
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/

I use Walter T. Kelley and have never had a problem. There website works fine and they have excellent customer service. As for shipping, since I attend their yearly beek school the first of June, I just place a phone order before the class and when I show up, my order is on the loading dock in a nice, neat stack. (Just my $0.02)

Phil
    Grandchildren are the best.... Bees a close second....

@ Honeydew

Thought you were responding to previous poster that stated Mann Lake shipping was free over $100 bucks, which it is. Thought you were saying that only applied east of MS river. Accept my deepest apologies to misinterpretation of your response. So Mann Lake shipping IS FREE COUNTRYWIDE over $100.

Quote Originally Posted by sfisher View Post
    I made a bad review on a nuc feeder that I got from Brushy Mnt almost 2 months ago, and they never posted it.
    Have you tried to submit your review a second time? That would be a bit more telling.
    Regards, Barry

Dont want to start any disagreements here but why should I have to submit it a secomd time? What I did do was submit a second different review, a good review. And it had no problem being posted within a week. So Im sure they had no problem recieving my bad review.
    https://www.facebook.com/stevesbees99
    Please visit my page, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sfisher View Post
    why should I have to submit it a secomd time?
    Because stuff happens. I get emails complaining about this or that on the forum not working only to find out there was a legitimate reason why it wasn't. Often due to user issues. Anytime people are involved in making something work there will be problems. I step away for a few days to take a vacation and these sorts of things can very easily slip through the cracks. So try again and see what happens. I'd be surprised that an online business offering feedback on products would be so naive to think they could squelch all negative feedback. This age of business doesn't work that way. Perhaps they have rules for posting feedback and you didn't follow them? I don't know, but trying to point out that it's rarely so cut and dry. Members here post messages that contain inappropriate words. If I have time I may edit the post. Other times I simply delete it. Another possible reason.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-07-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: add comments
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Coast beek View Post
    @ Honeydew Accept my deepest apologies to misinterpretation of your response.
    No harm no foul
    Honeydew

BM has the best Copper top covers by far. Tony

This is what I got for an "entrance reducer." Am I wrong for thinking they should have just called it a block of wood, not an entrance reducer? I actually do use both sizes of entrances on my nucs. Teeny. Not so Teeny. And a little grass to make Not so Teeny bigger than Teeny but smaller than Not so Teeny.

Zone 7b ~ Central Arkansas
    8fr medium equipment

Thats a nuc entrance reducer--just a block of wood that is the standard as I have seen

Interesting. I ordered one of these kits before and it had the standard reducer. Guess I got spoiled.
    Zone 7b ~ Central Arkansas
    8fr medium equipment

I placed another review of the feeder, and this time they posted it.
    https://www.facebook.com/stevesbees99
    Please visit my page, Thanks

I live with in an hour of their Pa store. So shipping aside they do tend to cost more but I will say the Items they have are very good quality. And the people are very helpfull and make me feel like they really want me to be happy with my visit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12