Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rock Hill Honey Bee Farms

He sent us dead bees, even a dead queen. Now he is stonewalling us with making a claim to UPS - who isn't going to do a thing and he knows it. He basically screwed my wife and me out of the money for a package of bees. His name is Jerry Mattiaccio of www.rockhillhoneybeefarms-inc. His email is intercrime2@yahoo.com - now isn't that ironic!
    Last edited by Barry; 05-01-2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: language/premature statements

Default Re: 2012 3lb Packages for Sale

Mr. Clemens I cannot assist you if you dont follow the instructions. Please file your claim with UPS as anyone else with a valid claim must do. As several people can attest we run a reputable business. You automatically assumed today when you received your bees that I was a schiester and filed immediately for a refund through paypal. Paypal denied your refund. Please be sure to articulate all the facts, as I do. Thank you.

We read you loud and clear. I sent you photos of your dead bee shipment and you are basically denying it? This is the most response we have received from you regarding this late and now totally unacceptable shipment of a package of bees. You are basically hedging us out of an honest deal by first shipping them late then shipping dead bees. Then you wish to expound on what is valid? Either you are reputable or you are not - you decide what the correct thing to do would be -don't pass it off onto an innocent company who made your delivery for you. You made the shipment not me my claim means nothing to UPS just as our business means nothing to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BClemens View Post
    We read you loud and clear. I sent you photos of your dead bee shipment and you are basically denying it? This is the most response we have received from you regarding this late and now totally unacceptable shipment of a package of bees. You are basically hedging us out of an honest deal by first shipping them late then shipping dead bees. Then you wish to expound on what is valid? Either you are reputable or you are not - you decide what the correct thing to do would be -don't pass it off onto an innocent company who made your delivery for you. You made the shipment not me my claim means nothing to UPS just as our business means nothing to you.
    Lighten up Man! The postal service has serious problems handling bees and regularly kills them. That is why they are only insured to certain zones. You will need to file a claim with them. Don't blame the shipper. I doubt anyone would place dead bees in the postal system.

UPS not USPS.... and there is no insurance on this package - even though we probably paid enough to have had insurance placed on the shipment.

Lightweight is being screwed - heavy weight is the screw-er...

Would you ship live bees on a Friday through UPS? I was hoping for success when he said that this was the case but if it is and has been successful - then why are 90% of these bees and the queen dead? (probably closer to 95% dead)

Default Re: Rock Hill Honey Bee Farms

Please refrain from using inflammatory language. Please read: http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?239589-Purpose-of-the-Consumer-Report-Forum-Please-Read

This issue is still unfolding, so you are obliged to remain civil and continue working towards a solution.
    Regards, Barry

Sorry, I used the 'D' word......(usually just say 'darn' - just got excited) I did do the read - slipped .... won't happen again..

Respectfully....

Doesn't the shipper have to file the claim with UPS? After all the shipper is the one who paid UPS and is actually the client. They are also the one who UPS will write the claim check to.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1954 View Post
    Mr. Clemens I cannot assist you if you dont follow the instructions. Please file your claim with UPS as anyone else with a valid claim must do. As several people can attest we run a reputable business. You automatically assumed today when you received your bees that I was a schiester and filed immediately for a refund through paypal. Paypal denied your refund. Please be sure to articulate all the facts, as I do. Thank you.

I don't know all the details, but its HIGHLY likely that these bees died in transport. I can't imagine that someone knowingly shipped a dead package. As explained, your claim should be with UPS.

I made the same mistake and ordered from rock hills to, I have a good friend who works with ups and the shipper is the one who has to make the claim. He called me this morning to tell me my 3 packages had come in, went to pick them up and the three packages were not nailed together, no label for them to keep upright, all three packages over 2 inches of dead bees, covered with sugar syrup. Took pictures and emailed them, tried calling no answer.

We are dealing with an issue where UPS indicates that something went wront at Jacksonville, UPS Collection Center. We have emailed everyone to let them know about the situation. Some received packages in good condition, and others did not. It is really an unfortunate situation that is unfolding in the last 24 hours. We are talking about almost 325 packages. it takes time to contact everyone. We are working it and trying to resolve it and we have communicated via email to everyone. There is no way we would send dead bees. Thanks.

Jerry Mattiaccio

Quote Originally Posted by BClemens View Post
    Would you ship live bees on a Friday through UPS?
    Here's a link to UPS rules about shipping live animals, which includes bees:
    http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...&srch_phr=bees
    Service Type
    Live animals will only be accepted for transportation when shipped by a UPS service that guarantees delivery the next day.
    As I understand this requirement, shipping bees on a Friday would require the shipper to select Saturday Delivery, which results an extra charge, over and above that of Next Day service.

Checking the tracking number online should tell you the ship date, and whether Saturday Delivery was selected.
    Last edited by Rader Sidetrack; 05-01-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    Graham
    -- The real problem is not precise language, it's clear language. - Richard Feynman

maybe you should have thought of "what if" before you took orders for all those bees, there really is no excuse for not contacting people rite away there is a lot more to bee keeping than trying to make a quick dollar, how do i fit into this, i bought bees from you and when i was there i asked your wife a couple of questions which she couldnt answer and i had to question your operation, then 3 of the 6 had bad queens and i called to see if i could get replacements, and you just never called back. every year somebody trys to sell packages that has no clue of the downfalls and ends up screwing innocent people. what a shame.

Hey, Jerry Mattiaccio is the same character posting on Long Creek Apiaries thread. Doesn't that tell everyone something?

From the UPS page on live animals:

"Any package containing a live animal shall be considered a perishable commodity and will be accepted for transportation solely at the shipper´s risk for any damage or loss arising from the perishable nature of the item. UPS shall not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages."
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Looks like this shipper (Jerry Mattiaccio) is responsible and now will need to return the money taken from these folks who bought in good faith from him. Either that or make good on the dead bee packages. My contention is that even if these bees were shipped on Friday and we received them on Tuesday - there would not have been this amount of mortality - these bees were dead before being shipped. If Jerry Mattiaccio didn't ship them and they were drop shipped, then the problem is a much larger but still the total and sole responsibility of Jerry Mattiaccio and his 'Rock Hill Bee' business.

All my wife and I wanted was a package of bees - not this sort of hassle..... We bought from him in good faith now he is shirking any responsibility and is telling us to take it up with UPS. Is there a name for a guy like this?

Quote Originally Posted by matt1954 View Post
    We are dealing with an issue where UPS indicates that something went wront at Jacksonville, UPS Collection Center. We have emailed everyone to let them know about the situation. Some received packages in good condition, and others did not. It is really an unfortunate situation that is unfolding in the last 24 hours. We are talking about almost 325 packages. it takes time to contact everyone. We are working it and trying to resolve it and we have communicated via email to everyone. There is no way we would send dead bees. Thanks.

Jerry Mattiaccio

My wife and I NEVER received any communication from Jerry Mattiaccio so we attempted to contact him - he's too busy to be bothered! Jerry, you are not so reputable as you would like folks to believe because of what you have done. People like you will usually trip up and folks will see the truth - you just cannot keep cheating people and get away with it....

WOW! According to the UPS tracking number, these bees have been in shipment since April 26th - a full week! Shipped April 26th and delivered at 2PM May1st. No wonder they are dead! This is criminal! These bees should have been shipped Next Day or at least Second Day and also I have found that I cannot claim on these since I am not the shipper. We have really been had!

If everyone gave this 'dealer' $123.33 for the stated 325 packages; that's over $40,000.00 !! Money brings the best out in some people.... it's that greed thing again. Severe greed.

BTW Jerry: We are relentless and will keep speaking out about this until you correct the wrong doing! The money back will shut us up.....that's $123.33 put back into the PayPal account that you took it from long before you shipped the bees. PayPal will be revisiting this 45 day policy of theirs on these sorts of prepay deals - especially on bees. You have set a number of wheels in motion with your greed. We spend thousands through PayPal - they will listen to us. Now - put the money back.... all of it.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-02-2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: discussing moderation

keep the phones ringing and his email box full, (540) 752 2953, cell (703) 595 1179, intercrime@yahoo.com. most times i think these type of people think that most customers are beginners and wont do much about a bad product, but if you keep up the pressure he will soon be where he belongs, in the court room.

Matt, I hate to inform you as it reveals you have actually done very little to resolve this. But you are the customer to UPS. You purchased their service and it is your place to file a claim. Not your customer. It is obvious to me that you have not even begun to take action to resolve this. Secondly your issues with UPS are not your customers problems. Your obligation is to get bees to them which is what they paid for. Very poor handling of this situation on your part. UPS let you down, that does not exempt you from acting in every way can with credibility. Sorry but you have failed miserably. It would have been better for you to simply tell your customer you are doing what you can to find out what happened and what can be done. Insurance protects you not the customer. If you didn't buy it then live with the risk. Your customer is now irate due to the service of your choice of carriers. I don't agree with how your customer is acting but that is their choice and obvious one possible outcome from a situation like this. If you have replied to me that this situation was in any part mine to resolve. I would quickly tell you my only obligation was to make payment, Period. and once that was done I have every right to expect what I paid for. what hoops you have to jump through to get it done is not my problem.
    Sorry but I simply see you as out of line in your response to your customer and much evidence you are being deceptive or trying to pass the buck.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.