Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brushy Mnt

Default Brushy Mnt

I made a bad review on a nuc feeder that I got from Brushy Mnt almost 2 months ago, and they never posted it. I went ahead and made a good review on the nucs that I bought, and it was posted the next week. What gives Brushy, thats a pretty lousy way of doing business if you ask me. I wonder if I would have bought the nuc feeders if I would have read a bad review on them first, no. But Im still waiting on you to do free shipping in December, so I can place a big order. Thanks Steve
    https://www.facebook.com/stevesbees99
    Please visit my page, Thanks

Default Re: Brushy Mnt not showing bad reviews

I like Brushy mtn for the most part but shipping is rediculous and their website screws up alot mis quoting shipping costs.
    Then takes them a few days to let you know you can pay more or cancel..
    ill stick with Mann Lake...they offer free shipping on most orders over $100

Beeman I agree with you unless you are buying complete hives. There shipping I personally think they are makeing $ on it. But overall I have had good luck with them. What is this free shipping in Dec. SFISHER I have never seen them offer free shipping. I know Kellybees offers free shipping over thanks giving week.

I noticed that trend as well. One other bee store does something similar. All their pricing is low, but shipping is like $40 and the price of shipping increases as you add more items. They do say shipping includes certain fees etc... but it's obviously where they're marking stuff up and making their money but they suck you in with the low prices.

They have free shipping for the first couple of weeks in December then they clos for the year. They will advertise it in the bee magazines, they will give you a secret word like "santa", to place with your order, and then shipping is free,

I do not think that Brushys shipping is that bad, and maybe I live close to them, but I usually get what I order in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by sfisher View Post
    and then shipping is free,
    Only if you live east of the Mississippi
    Honeydew

Quote Originally Posted by Beeman410 View Post
    I like Brushy mtn for the most part but shipping is rediculous and their website screws up alot mis quoting shipping costs.
    Then takes them a few days to let you know you can pay more or cancel..
    ill stick with Mann Lake...they offer free shipping on most orders over $100
    This has been my experience. I have had to cancel 2-3 orders because of it.

There is some beekeeping stuff on Amazon.com...wish there was more, as I have Amazon Prime and shipping is free.

I didnt know that, guess cause I live east of the mississippi. Maybe thats why my shipping rates arent so bad also.
    Quote Originally Posted by HONEYDEW View Post

Shipping has prevented me from ordering from brushy mtn. Glad to hear about amazon, I will have to check that out

I have ordered several items this year from Brushy Mountain, and they have shipped faster than any other supplier. I don't find shipping charges any higher than other places,but I think they are all extremely high. It doesn't pay to order a small item as the shipping cost may be higher than the price of the item. This is true of all items that I haver ordered from the internet.it would be rather easy to obtain their shipping rates and compare to others but not worth the time as my orders are not substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by HONEYDEW View Post
    Interesting since they have a branches in Cali and Mn. Dunno ... I live in Florida so shipping is free over $100 from Mann Lake. I just placed an order so we'll see about service.

I've ordered from Dadant and got satisfactory service, but they seem to hold orders and ship once per week and I also get hit with state sales tax since they have a branch in Florida. So that's another plus for Brushy Mtn, Walter T. Kelley and Mann Lake in my case.

Brushy Mountain, I've got their catalog (along with many others) and have noticed that their prices on many things seems to be a tad higher. Not much, but higher. I have also noticed on many of the websites of all these distributors that their "reviews" sections are pretty lame and vacant. I suppose not many customers bother to go back and review specific products. I suppose I need to start doing this myself as I usually pay some attention when an onsite review is available. Sucks that they would only post positive "reviews".

I don't know what happened to your review Steve but my poor review of the hive top feeder I put in last week is now up on their website for all to see

Well based on what I have just seen on here the first magazine I got from them just today went in the trash.

Default Re: Brushy Mnt

Shipping aside ...... Why would they hold back publishing a bad review ... and then publish a good review ??? seems like they probably toss every bad review and dont let the costumers have the real story on the products that they sell

The High price pruducts and the high priced shipping combined with the sorted reviews in favor of their company steer this guy (and others like you) to better companies

Mann Lake and Dadant are great people and dont lie to the public ..... my two and a half cents
    Doing the Right things Right
    http://thevalleysbuzz.webs.com/

I've never had any problem with BM. But I don't use them exclusively, either. They do, however, have some informative webinars and videos that are useful, IMO.
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/

Here is my negative review as proof http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com...oductinfo/423/

Ordered from them three times, all great experiences. Mann lake was great too, as was kelly, as was dadant.

xcugat at least you could put a box on yours. The problem with the nuc feeder, which I stated in my review, is that a box wont fit on top of the feeder. The feeder is to big, I had to build my own. And then the telescopic top just fit over the shims (boxs) I built. I didnt think to measure for that, I got luck by a 1/8".

Here are some of my recent orders with shipping prices

Brushy Mnt
    Order, Shipping cost
    134.80, 20.50
    167.20, 22.86
    17.35, 9.53
    43.65, 11.60

Pigeon Mnt
    Order, Shipping cost
    120.78, 33.98

Walter Kelly
    Order, Shipping cost
    104.00, 16.32

I dont think Brushy is that far out of line on shipping; if at all. Also you have to remember alot of the things we buy from the bee suppliers are over sized, which I'm sure cost more to ship.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast