Default Creamed honey in a wine cooler?

I am starting to make creamed honey in larger quantities to keep up with demand. It goes a lot quicker if we are lucky enough to have the temps in the mid 50's. Has anyone tried using a fridge style wine cooler to maintain the temp. It looks like they can be set for a range from the low 50's- high 60's.

Default Re: Creamed honey in a wine cooler?

I've read up on this process and decided to give it a try. Would you please tell me how the conversion progresses. In other words once it starts to set up does it go fast or slow? I,ve read that it could take weeks but nothing on whats happens during that time. What I would like to know is do you just look at it one day and the next it looks like creamed honey? Thaks Ron Hawkins...

If it gets cooled down to a refrigerator temp it will be pretty thick in a week. Once it has "set up" a cool basement (or wine fridge) makes a good storage area.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

In Freeland you will have plenty of days where the temperature will average 57 degrees. I make mine in Oct/Nov for the next year. You can make an unlimited amount and let it set up in an unheated area. If it gets too cold, I let it set up in our garage where it is a few degrees warmer.

I use one and it works great.

I picked up a cheap wine cooler and it works great! What usually took between 1-2 weeks took 2 DAYS! It will be really nice to be able to make creamed honey year round.