Thread: Creamed honey

Default Creamed honey

I've read up on this process and decided to give it a try. Would someone please tell me how the process progresses. In other words once it starts to set up does it go fast or slow? I,ve read that it could take weeks but nothing on whats happens during that time. What I would like to know is do you just look at it one day and the next it looks like creamed honey? Thaks Ron Hawkins...

Default Re: Creamed honey

It depends on your process. Mine is petty solid in a week.

I use about 10% seed and mix it very thoroughly with the new honey. Put it in the containers you are selling it in right away! I remember my first boondoggle of doing it bulk and then trying to pack it! If you have a cool basement and can set it on a bare cement floor it will set up pretty fast. I have read that 53 degrees is optimum. Put a tablespoon a pound of Sams club cinnamon in some. I really like it and many customers do too.

Goldshef Guest

I would say honey in its own natural form is very affecting because when we add something or mixes it the nutrition gets change that is something which shouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post
    <snip>
    Put a tablespoon a pound of Sams club cinnamon in some. I really like it and many customers do too.
    Brilliant! The next time I make creamed honey, I'm going to try that!

Brian
    Hobby Beekeeper - Second Year - Two Hives