Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beeweaver queens

Has anyone had any experience with Bee weaver's queens?
    There is no INTELLIGENT life on any other planet, they're probably like us!!!!

Default Re: Beeweaver queens

I have two hives with BEE Weaver Queens and I have no complaints. They are not aggresive and build up real fast

I purchased 3 beeweaver packages this spring, two queens were good, one went missing a couple of weeks after install. The two who made it have been great. I even split one of the hives about a month ago because it was so strong. I purchased a replacement queen from beeweaver, as well, and she seems to be doing great so far.

Currently have 7 and they build up fast and stay strong they are gentle and easy to deal with.

In April I purchased two packages with B Weaver queens. Very easy to work with. One of the hives is just mind-blowing jammin'!

My very first (and only, so far) bee hive was started with a nuc box (queen & 4 frames of bees) that I picked up at BeeWeaver in Navasota, this past April. I have zero experience in beekeeping, but my bees seem very sweet and docile. I mowed with the riding lawn mower yesterday, all around their box, and none tried to kill me. I've never been stung before, either. Another beekeeper came and looked at them a couple months ago and was very impressed with how sweet and docile they are.

Last week, I put a 2nd deep hive body box onto my original one. I think it took the bees about 2 months to almost completely fill all the frames of the first box (except one side of one frame that is freakishly empty).

I enjoyed my experience with the BeeWeaver people. Very friendly. I'll have to get back with you on how long my queen lasts. But I'm sure she'll be fine. I think the # of bees (from the original 10,000) has at least doubled, and possibly tripled. I have a LOT of bees in that one box. My queen must know exactly what she's doing!

My hubby was riding the mower around my strongest hive, and I sure was nervous. They left him entirely alone, though. My BeeWeaver bees are entirely forgiving of my mistakes so far. I don't even smoke them. When I make a bone-dumb error---like the time I dropped two full TBH frames of bees and they slammed back down into place---they barely scold me before going back to work.

Yes! I haven't had to smoke mine, either. But mainly because the smoker and I have some personality conflicts with eachother. I would rather take my chances with irritating the bees, than fool with that crazy smoker!

I, too, dropped a corner of a frame (accidentally) too hard back into the box. They just started buzzing at me louder, which is their way of saying I have worn out my welcome. I think they were also telling me to "get some **** gloves that fit properly, you stupid human"! Which I did, post haste.........
    Susan, Extremely New Beekeeper, Santa Fe, TX
    neverbeenstungneverbeenstungneverbeenstungneverbee nstung

Same here! I haven't dropped a single thing since I got gloves that fit. As Dr. Phil would say, "First page of the DUH journal."

I've never been stung either, and I plan to make it a personal quest to see how long I can go!

Sondra

I think gloves are a very underestimated part of the beekeeper's PPE! I have half a dozen pairs of "expensive" leather and cloth gloves I bought on various beekeeper supply websites, and none of them work as well as the $2.95 kitchen dishwashing gloves someone told me to get. I love how I can work the frames and small parts of the hive so much easier!

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by vonknabe View Post
    I think gloves are a very underestimated part of the beekeeper's PPE! I have half a dozen pairs of "expensive" leather and cloth gloves I bought on various beekeeper supply websites, and none of them work as well as the $2.95 kitchen dishwashing gloves someone told me to get. I love how I can work the frames and small parts of the hive so much easier!

Susan
    You'd be even more amazed how easy it is without gloves.

OMG....I'm probably years away from going gloveless!

ya i ordered bee weaver queens my first year and they had deformed wing virus and foul brood.it was my first year of bee keeping i had no other bees before.i raise Russian x Carolinian's now and a 2 feral hives and new world Carolinian's. i have not treated in 4 winters now all natural comb.

Cam, I'm still too much of a Beekweenie to go gloveless. Besides, I think I'll challenge Susan to a contest to see who can go the longest without being stung.

Susan, are you game?

FrankT, what a terrible way to start beekeeping. I would have been so terribly discouraged. Way to go on treatment-free!

Quote Originally Posted by SRBrooks View Post
    Cam, I'm still too much of a Beekweenie to go gloveless. Besides, I think I'll challenge Susan to a contest to see who can go the longest without being stung.
    There is some thought that the venom on the bee suits and clothing will cause allergy to bee venom without one being stung. Wives and children of commercial beekeepers who wash the suits, are around the venom without being stung are vulnerable. once you've been stung a few times you'll get used to it and it will help protect you.

SRB, I proudly accept your challenge! It's going to be difficult for my ladies to get to me, the way I go out there suited up! LOL! Let's "sweeten" the pot! Loser pays winner one jar of their homegrown honey!

I've only been at this for 2 months. I will have no honey to give you for at least a year. But it mattereth not! I shall emerge victorious!

No stinger shall ever be able to reach my skin through knee socks, undies, bra, shirt, jeans, full-length, one-piece Golden Bee Suit w/screened veil; bandana, baseball cap, knee-high rubber boots and bicep-high gloves!

You'll not win, I tell you, you'll not win!

Sondra

My money is on the bees!! I got stung through my suit as I leaned over the hive on Mon and pressed ever so lightly on the edge of the box.

Uh, yeah, but I doubt you were wearing a full layer or two of clothing under a 3-layer mesh bee suit! C'mon, now, we need you backing the Sondra Team!

I would die working bees in that configuration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast