Default River crossing II

A followup to my original thread.

I met my friend at the river this time. He promised to show me the proper way to cross the river. The shallow way. Remember, as you look at these…today the river was down by about 5 inches from my last trip….and this is the shallow route!
    First, as you enter the river, you don’t go directly across. You turn downriver.

You travel about 30ft until you almost reach the rapids.

At the rapids…turn toward the other bank.

As you approach the other side, turn back toward the road.

Oh well...at about 3000ft of elevation the sourwood is in full bloom, the bees are filling their supers and I added one more to each today.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Default Re: River crossing II

very peaceful looking location. Thanks for the pic.
    Honeydew

Quote Originally Posted by HONEYDEW View Post
    very peaceful looking location.
    Thanks. It is a grand spot. My friend has a cabin less than a hundred feet from the hives. The cabin is about 200 ft from the river. It is peaceful....not to mention about 15 degrees cooler than my house.
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Nice photos. Nothing like a pristine location.
    I have a question about how you can select the Dimentions of 480 X 640 pixels for your photos.
    I also have photobucket, the free version. Did you purchase the advanced version/
    Thanks,
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

On the free version select the picture you want to resize from your album, once it loads hover your cursor over the picture and edit buttons will appear across the top. Click on the resize button and a drop down box will appear with several different size options 640X480 being one of them if your picture is larger than that.
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

Quote Originally Posted by BEES4U View Post
    I have a question about how you can select the Dimentions of 480 X 640 pixels for your photos.
    I use a separate photo editor and resize the photos before uploading.
    It just so happens that the camera in my 'smartphone' already takes the proper ratio, so all I need to do is change the larger to 640 and the smaller automatically goes to 480.

Thanks for the help!.
    This is what I get when I click on the image after it has been downloaded:

Resize.
    100 X 75
    120 X 120
    160 X 120
    More Options, which does not provide help in more pixel choices.
    I do not have a 480 X 640 pixels choice.
    Any suggestions?
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

Ernie, I took a look at photobucket and the resize option. Since all of the images I put there are mainly for use on beesource, they've already been reduced to 640x480. The resize menu only lists sizes smaller...which makes sense. Might it be that your uploaded images are already reduced?
    I'm just about to run out the door to work some bees before it gets real hot but will upload a higher res image this pm and see what options it gives me.

Ernie, I am using the free version of photobucket.
    I uploaded one of the original pics to photobucket. It was 2048x1536 and photobucket offered a number of resizings including 800x600, 640x480, 400x400, 320x240, 160x120, 120x120 and 100x75. Whereas when I look at those that are already sized to 640x480 the choices are 400x400 down to 100x75.
    I'm guessing that the photos you have on photobucket are already smaller than 320x240.

This all has to do with what resolution your camera is set to take photos at. Cameras as well as camera phones all have options for taking several different resolutions. Check to see what yours is set to. I always have mine set to take the highest resolution and then edit down when I want to use for general display on the internet. Printing is when you want the high res.
    Regards, Barry