Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Pollen trap

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  gmcharlie 
#1 ·
Does anyone use pollen traps? I bought a couple of them and just want to know if I can use the pollen that I collect in the spring to make pollen patties

#3 ·
I have several, but not used this year. Pollen collected needs to be frozen or dried quickly. I belive you can buy commercial harvested pollen patties pretty cheap, and your bee collected pollen is more valuable retail. right now its running in the 10.00 a LB range!

#5 ·
Spring collected pollen is fine for pollen patties for the next spring as long as it is frozen immediately after collection and kept frozen until needed. Beware of buying pollen for use in pollen patties. Most comes from China and has been found to have strange, and potentially dangerous, ingredients in addition to the pollen.
Those of you selling pollen you collected need to check your prices. We sell ours for $8 in a four ounce jar and have no difficulty with price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.