Hybrid View

Default Inpection 6/29/12 - No Eggs, Comb Damage, Feeding and Robbing

Did an inspection Friday night and still found no eggs and no sign of a queen. It's been hot and dry for weeks so I also decided to add an entrance feeder. That led to a robbing issue that I needed to deal with and now I'm trying to hunt down a queen (and a frame of brood would be nice too!)

http://youtu.be/inMD6BTdCdI

TC

Default Re: Inpection 6/29/12 - No Eggs, Comb Damage, Feeding and Robbing

I don't think a queen will save you at this point, and from the video, showing the lack of bees, you need to cut down to one box if you're going to try to salvage anything. You need an infusion of brood and bees to save that hive.

Consolidated things down to one box just now and I'm asking around to see if anyone has any brood frames they can spare. And the moment, everyone I've talked to is having similar issues. Too much heat, too little nectar, to many wax moths.

Dude! Looks bad. You need bees before you get a queen. I wish I lived closer I would help you out. Good luck.

Spoke to some of the other beekers in my church and they are having a lot of the same issues as me. One of them has lost 5 hives... 8O I'll keep asking around. There's a guy close by who is going to call me tomorrow about a queen, I'll ask if he has any frames of brood...