Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Lang to Top Bar adapter plate

I completely understand. I just hope it would work for you. Since hardware is entirely different, it is not easy to convert Lang into TBH. Sergey

Disclaiming myself as a reader and so far not a doer- I believe that the bees have no reason to abandon the lang, it has resources, drawn comb filled with various stuff. They also have no reason not to use the top bar, it has space to expand into and that ball of bees is almost certainly building comb there now. Barring winter catastrophe I would expect to find spring expansion to use the combined space as a single hive, rather like a hive in two deeps doesn't see a particular division between them. I suspect that if you let things get going well in the spring and then set the lang off on its own bottom board and close the spaces between the top bars that intent or no you will have made a split. A careful operator would probably check for young brood in both places to insure successful queen cells but probability is probably enough to insure that. Then your daughter will be a fifth generation beekeeper with an increase. And you will have a spot to put that nice roof.
    Bill

I agree. My plan early in the spring is to separate the Lang, pull out any unused frames and combine it with a queen right Nuc. Assuming I have no problems this winter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12