Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Dearth IN central NC??? Not in Rowan CO

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  jadell 
#1 ·
According to my notes, I checked a shallow 10 frame honey super on my best hive on the 14th of June. It was brand new and only had foundation in it at the time. I checked them again on the 27th and what do you know, I have 10 frames drawn out and 8 frames of capped lightly tinted honey.
Everything blooming that I noticed happened about a month early. Including the sourwoods...Heck they were blooming in early May, and played out in about a week.

The only thing that I can see that are blooming are some wild flowers and a ton of Sumac trees. The bees are all over the Sumacs around here. And I guess I can say I really have a ton of them on my place, and they are a ton more in surrounding farms. I really never heard of Sumac honey and not even sure if that is what it is...But they are still bringing it in ad I will add another super to see if they will draw it out too.

Dearth? Ain't not stinkin' Dearth!

#5 ·
That was said tongue in cheek. :). Hard to know sometimes, I know. I'd be bragging tho!!! Lol. We are in the 100s with oppressive humidity. Fires all around. Grass is crunchy. Garden is shot. You don't even want to open the door. And we still have July and August to come - our "hottest" months. I'm moving where you are!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.