Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Money?

32K views 84 replies 27 participants last post by  Oneupsuperdog 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me on average how much money a person can make on each hive that is doin well with making the honey in the southern states? As in arkansas and Louisiana?

#73 ·
Yes, you can. But you have to find and develope that market. It takes time and the willingness to accept getting turned down. But not giving up trying.

There is a lot to all of the questions you might ask at this time. More than you are ready and able to understand at this stage of your beekeeping life. Take baby steps. As Solomon said, "Enjoy your bees first." Then branch out into areas which you might like to try to profit from. Learn how to keep bees. Then learn what it takes to make money doing so.

#69 ·
oneupsuperdog
In the May 20012 Bee Culture issue the average in your state per hive is 64lbs or 5.3 gals. and the average retail price for 1lb is $7.09 Hope this helps. As far as the splits I'm in colder climate in VA and I wint from 4 the first year to 15 the second to 35 to 85 this year. The first two years bought bees but have bought n bees the last two. Also sold 10 nucs this year. You realy don't want to count on catching swarms, you want to split before thy swarm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.