Default Largest swarm ever! Wednesday June 27th.

Got a call from my wife this afternoon that there was a large swarm about 4' up in our peach tree.
    After a meeting, and right before dark, I got home and put a sheet of plywood down directly under the swarm. Put a bottom board on top of it, two hives bodies and shook the branch. 1/2 - 3/4 of the bees fell into the hive, with the remaining in front. The bees immediately started going in, and within 20 minutes, almost all were inside the hive with some clumps along the side of the hive.
    This is by far, the LARGEST swarm I have ever captured.
    I would have to assume it came from one of my hives.

Default Re: Largest swarm ever! Wednesday June 27th.

What... No pictures?????

Congratulations sounds like an easy one!

My big swarm of the year had been doused with a fire extinguisher before I went to get them. They were MEAN! But it is all good, now they are doing amazing and have calmed down to one of my more gentle hives.
    Jeff - like me on facebook
    See my bees @ www.ozarkshoney.com

get ready they will draw the comb and build fast.
    Old Guy in Alabama

Jeff, I have no idea how to upload pictures. If you would be willing to upload them for me, I would appreciate it. Email me at kirky98@windstream.net with your email address, and I'll send them so you can post them.

Northwest PA Beekeeper and others. It isn't difficult to insert photos. Maybe this will help.

Click on Reply to Thread. A typing field and a tool bar will appear. The tool bar at the top has symbols for different tasks. Hoover your mouse over each symbol and it will tell you what that symbol will do. To insert a photo click on the 13th symbol from the left, or the 4th from the right. (It is a funny looking rectangle, looks like a light blue/yellow sheet of paper) It will say, "Insert Image" Click on it.

An instruction box will appear and at the top there are 2 choices, From Computer From URL Click on From Computer

This click will take you to your computer. (mine normally goes to documents) (Yours may go to photos) You will need to go to where you have the photos stored, Photos, Documents etc. Find the photo in your file that you want to upload, then double click on the photo.

Then in the instruction box at the bottom click on upload. Then just wait a few seconds for the photo to upload.

If you see a routing sentence appear in your typing field, you have been successful. If you see a red check mark, your file is too large or possibly not in a format that beesourse can accommodate. Hoover over the red check mark and it will tell you what is wrong. If file,(photo) is too large, reduce the size of the photo, If the photo is in wrong format, convert to a jpeg image. Then go through steps above it should load.

Hope this is helpful.

cchoganjr