Default Unitarian Universalist Church Evicts 40,000

Bees that is.

We are getting a new roof this Fall and the Contractor wouldn't do the job w/ a colony of bees in the roof. So, we assembled "The Bee Team", got together some scaffolding, ladders, buckets, and other necessities.

We cut open the roof where we thought they were and they were. They were in the soffit between the wall and the first rafter of the vestibule of the Church. After about an hoiur and a half we left w/ what we thought were most of the bees and the comb.

Returning this morning to mop up the last of the bees we found that there was comb between the next two rafters too. As well as more bees.

Quite a good haul, imo. It's fun to do something like that every once in a while just to remember why I don't do it more often. Something for the younger, more well paid, beekeeper.
    Mark Berninghausen "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board." Zora Neale Hurston

Default Re: Unitarian Universalist Church Evicts 40,000

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    ...younger, more well paid, beekeeper.
    Is there such a thing?
    Solomon Parker, Parker Farms, ParkerFarms.biz
    11 Years Treatment-Free, ~25 Colony Baseline

Default Re: Unitarian Universalist Church Evicts 40,000

I hear that there are those who get paid well nfor removing colonies of bees from houses. And, I bet, most of those folks are younger than I am. Me being 59.
    Mark Berninghausen "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board." Zora Neale Hurston