Default Jobs everywhere - it seems.

Got a call from a lady yesterday (courtesy from the local pest control company), that said she has honey bees that moved into her wal in the last monthl. Seems they are going in right where the siding meets the block wall - so it was fairly close to the ground. I told her I've only captured swarms so far - haven't actually done a cut-out or a trap-out. I had to explain those terms - and with the cut-out she said "Oh, I don't want my siding removed or my wall cut open." I told her I have two cut-outs promised already, and didn't really have time to do a trap-out.

Today, got a call (again, courtesy from the local pest control company) that a building in the same town as this lady has honey bees in the wall. Came to find out it was a store building, (so I'm starting to see dollar signs) until they say they are in a cement wall, 12 feet off the ground. I certainly don't want to digging apart a cement wall, nor have to do a trap-out in the next town over.

But it certainly sounds like there are lots of honeybees in houses or buildings, so it seems that a person could make some money - plus get more bees with this extra job. (Of course, the people might start balking when they find out you are going to charge them to remove the bees (and then keep them for yourself). They will be in dismay that you charge for something where you get "free" bees that are going to produce gallons of honey at no "cost" to you!

Default Re: Jobs everywhere - it seems.

You may want to look at the "Hogan" trap out system, I belive it takes a lot less time and travel than the old style of trap outs, I have my first one going on now and I will see.
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

When pricing a cut out don't even think about the bees you are getting. Cut outs are work and you should get paid for the work. Beekeeping even as a hobby is also work and that is where the reward of honey comes in not from the cut out.

If a person has a dairy cow loose in their bedroom, and they need your help to get it out, they aren't going to be too worried about the milk that you stand to gain from it. Don't sweat it.