Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: best place to buy honey jars?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dewey View Post
    I have purchased 5 gallon buckets & lids from them and been pleased. Honey up this way crystallizes somewhat quickly and after my mother-in-law tried to microwave a plastic container with honey that I'd given her, I've gone to using only glass.
    What’s the cheapest online place for buying gallon glass jars in bulk? I wonder if the shipping weight is really going to make the price crazy. I should probably look around for a place where I can buy locally. Anybody know of a store in the Everett, Seattle WA vicinity that sells them?
    Thanks
    -Serge

Quote Originally Posted by SERGE View Post
    What’s the cheapest online place for buying gallon glass jars in bulk? I
    If I was packing by the gallon, I would use plastic milk jugs. But that's just me.
    Honey Badger Don't Care ಠ_ಠ ~=[,,_,,]:3

Quote Originally Posted by Nabber86 View Post
    If I was packing by the gallon, I would use plastic milk jugs. But that's just me.
    I would be filling them with raw raspberry honey which crystallizes very quickly.

Update on Sailor Plastics...

Ordered 225 12-ounce bottles with flip top caps last Tuesday after reading this thread. They were delivered 3 days later (Friday morning). Total cost = $113.89 (w/shipping), about 50 cents per bottle. Heckuva deal.

I am set for a couple of years now.
    Honey Badger Don't Care ಠ_ಠ ~=[,,_,,]:3

Thanks for the update Nabber!!! I'm glad it worked out for you. I also ordered this year and hopefully won't be set for a couple years, but for this year and the start of next I'm set. Happy selling / eating!!!!

The cheapest that I have found for new jars is Big Lots right now. $7.25 for a case of 12 pint jars with lids.

Fuzzy

If you don't have a Big Lot our Dollar General is 7.50 for pints or 1/2 pints with lids, can't come close online once you include shipping.
    As far as Sailors goes I bought 1lb and 2lb jars one week and 2 weeks later bought the same thing when they arrived they had doubled the shipping without telling me first. Won't use them again.

Quote Originally Posted by papamoose View Post
    In VA, if you are near Richmond try www.wmrhill.com. You can do pick-upand their prices are good.
    Thanks papamoose, I'm check them out

Quote Originally Posted by Nabber86 View Post
    OK, these look like a good deal:

http://www.sailorplastics.com/ov-1j-38-pet-p-50.html

Only I cant tell what the price is. Towards the bottom of the page they say "225 per case". Does that mean you get a case (225) for $69.43? Seems to good too be true.
    Today 2013 the price is $132.00 plus caps and shipping

I buy all my plastic jars from Brushy Mountain but I buy them by the case to get the better deal. Even if you don't need that many jars at once, its still best to buy in bulk in the long run. I think their prices were the best around for case quantities, however, they do charge a high shipping cost, no free shipping here.

Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

If you are located in the Pacific Northwest, I would suggest checking out Aaron Packaging. They are a plastic manufacturer with pretty reasonable prices and if you need a custom mold, they can design it. They have a nice selection of honey jars at http://www.aaronpackaging.com/plastic/bottles/honey/. We don't buy in bulk and they always are friendly and have what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by copstead View Post
    If you are located in the Pacific Northwest, I would suggest checking out Aaron Packaging. They are a plastic manufacturer with pretty reasonable prices and if you need a custom mold, they can design it. They have a nice selection of honey jars at http://www.aaronpackaging.com/plastic/bottles/honey/. We don't buy in bulk and they always are friendly and have what we need.
    Has anyone had trouble with this site? My McAfee anti-virus software went nuts when I clicked this link...

the link worked for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12