Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

best place to buy honey jars?

35K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  delber 
#1 ·
I was wondering where is a good place to buy the cheapest plastic honey jars ? I think I bought some last year from brushy mountain supply,but they are a middle man of course so there has to be somewhere cheaper. thanks for any and all input.....Dan

#3 ·
I heard from Michael Bush who recomended Sailor Plastics. I ordered from there this year. In comps that I did I couldn't touch their prices at any of the "major" suppliers. (Kelly's, Betterbee, Brushy Mountain, Etc.) It ended up being around $0.56 a piece. The only down side is you have to buy so many. I bought 12 oz bears and you need to buy 250. The price including shipping is where I got the .56 from. It's still cheaper than the others for each bear, however you'll spend more up front.

#5 ·
I get mine from Southpak Containers.They have a warehouse in Kennesaw and one in Greenville, SC. I pick mine up in Greenville. I believe that their minimum order is $700.

#10 ·
I don't see the Muth jar on Gamber's website - maybe I'm not looking in the right place? I was looking around last night for Muth jars for a fundraiser (people want that fancy style packaging), and the best place I saw them listed was $12.92 for 12 one-pound'ers with corks, and $9.84 for 8oz'ers, plus shipping.

Anyone had a bad experience with the shipping on glass containers, or are they pretty well packaged? I can't find a place locally that carries the Muth jars.

#17 ·
You are correct. Sailor Plastic does sell the bulk pack. 225 is qty. Remember to add $58.00 for shipping because of the size box. In my first post I figured out that my 12 oz bears were around $.53 or so each. That was lower than the big companies that I saw however I didn't look at a few of the places mentioned here. If you are near them and could pick up your order then I'd take it as gold!!

#24 ·
Update on Sailor Plastics...

Ordered 225 12-ounce bottles with flip top caps last Tuesday after reading this thread. They were delivered 3 days later (Friday morning). Total cost = $113.89 (w/shipping), about 50 cents per bottle. Heckuva deal.

I am set for a couple of years now.

#27 ·
If you don't have a Big Lot our Dollar General is 7.50 for pints or 1/2 pints with lids, can't come close online once you include shipping.
As far as Sailors goes I bought 1lb and 2lb jars one week and 2 weeks later bought the same thing when they arrived they had doubled the shipping without telling me first. Won't use them again.

#30 ·
I buy all my plastic jars from Brushy Mountain but I buy them by the case to get the better deal. Even if you don't need that many jars at once, its still best to buy in bulk in the long run. I think their prices were the best around for case quantities, however, they do charge a high shipping cost, no free shipping here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.