Hybrid View

Default best place to buy honey jars?

I was wondering where is a good place to buy the cheapest plastic honey jars ? I think I bought some last year from brushy mountain supply,but they are a middle man of course so there has to be somewhere cheaper. thanks for any and all input.....Dan

Default Re: best place to buy honey jars?

I buy mine at www.sailorplastics.com. You buy in bulk but save in long run. been very happy with them so far. Sometimes I have other beekeepers go in together to help with shipping.

David

I heard from Michael Bush who recomended Sailor Plastics. I ordered from there this year. In comps that I did I couldn't touch their prices at any of the "major" suppliers. (Kelly's, Betterbee, Brushy Mountain, Etc.) It ended up being around $0.56 a piece. The only down side is you have to buy so many. I bought 12 oz bears and you need to buy 250. The price including shipping is where I got the .56 from. It's still cheaper than the others for each bear, however you'll spend more up front.

Might try Gamber Container. ............they are the supplier to the major bee supply outlets..........

I get mine from Southpak Containers.They have a warehouse in Kennesaw and one in Greenville, SC. I pick mine up in Greenville. I believe that their minimum order is $700.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

has anyone ever tried u.s plastic corp.?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyidp View Post
    I have purchased 5 gallon buckets & lids from them and been pleased. Honey up this way crystallizes somewhat quickly and after my mother-in-law tried to microwave a plastic container with honey that I'd given her, I've gone to using only glass.

Bluesky has Muth jars here. http://blueskybeesupply.com/12_ct_of..._muth_jar.html

http://www.sailorplastics.com/honey-...ners-c-22.html
    I get my plastic bottles from Sailorsplastic. Here

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dewey View Post
    I have purchased 5 gallon buckets & lids from them and been pleased. Honey up this way crystallizes somewhat quickly and after my mother-in-law tried to microwave a plastic container with honey that I'd given her, I've gone to using only glass.
    What’s the cheapest online place for buying gallon glass jars in bulk? I wonder if the shipping weight is really going to make the price crazy. I should probably look around for a place where I can buy locally. Anybody know of a store in the Everett, Seattle WA vicinity that sells them?
    Thanks
    -Serge

Quote Originally Posted by dannyidp View Post
    I buy a lot of plastic lab ware from US Plastics. Their honey jars are good too and there is no minimum order (you do get a discount if you order several hundred). You will have to sift through several styles and sizes of jars to get the ones you want. They have 1-pound ovals for $0.58 + $0.20 for a cap.

When buying honey jars from any supplier, make sure you know if the caps come separately, and if so, make sure you order the right sized cap.
    Honey Badger Don't Care ಠ_ಠ ~=[,,_,,]:3

OK, these look like a good deal:

http://www.sailorplastics.com/ov-1j-38-pet-p-50.html

Only I cant tell what the price is. Towards the bottom of the page they say "225 per case". Does that mean you get a case (225) for $69.43? Seems to good too be true.
    Honey Badger Don't Care ಠ_ಠ ~=[,,_,,]:3

Any suggestions on best place to buy 'Muth' or other fancy jars?

Quote Originally Posted by abejorro View Post
    Any suggestions on best place to buy 'Muth' or other fancy jars?
    I repeat myself..........Gamber Container

In VA, if you are near Richmond try www.wmrhill.com. You can do pick-upand their prices are good.

I don't see the Muth jar on Gamber's website - maybe I'm not looking in the right place? I was looking around last night for Muth jars for a fundraiser (people want that fancy style packaging), and the best place I saw them listed was $12.92 for 12 one-pound'ers with corks, and $9.84 for 8oz'ers, plus shipping.

Anyone had a bad experience with the shipping on glass containers, or are they pretty well packaged? I can't find a place locally that carries the Muth jars.

The cheapest that I have found for new jars is Big Lots right now. $7.25 for a case of 12 pint jars with lids.

Fuzzy

If you don't have a Big Lot our Dollar General is 7.50 for pints or 1/2 pints with lids, can't come close online once you include shipping.
    As far as Sailors goes I bought 1lb and 2lb jars one week and 2 weeks later bought the same thing when they arrived they had doubled the shipping without telling me first. Won't use them again.