Default Honey in Montans

Was in Montana last week, everywhere I went I saw pallets of bee hives, I was near Yellowstone and surrounding area. Honey production must be BIG in that area.

Default Re: Honey in Montans

Quote Originally Posted by Ted adams View Post
    Was in Montana last week, everywhere I went I saw pallets of bee hives, I was near Yellowstone and surrounding area. Honey production must be BIG in that area.
    Just returned from White Sulfur Springs myself, drove back a car I purchased out there.
    Took the tour around the area and saw many commercial hives, including a BK feeding with a tote on a truck.
    Lots of yellow bloom everywhere, kinda surprised at the numbers of hive we saw, was efficiently covered for miles.

BM
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - JOHN F. KENNEDY -

Lots of bees here. It is a clean place with low pesticide usage and no corn or soybeans with neonicitinoid coated seed. If the guy was feeding with all those yellow flowers blooming, it must be too dry for them to be yielding nectar and his bees may be starving. We went from wet and cold to the furnace here. Bees are going to get more crowded too. The high price of cereal grain is resulting in a lot of alfalfa and clover being plowed down and replaced with wheat deserts. Good thing we need all that heavily subsidized enthanol reducing our mileage by about 25% and of course required by the Guvmint.

Out in western MT is been cold and wet until this week. We're getting our first 80º of the year.

It is a pretty clean place though. Climate sucks just enough to keep away major agriculture but not so bad that its a desert.

The state is drier the further east you go. The fire bombers must have a close haul from Billings today. They are making a fast round trip and are taking off over my daughters house by the rims. I am here visiting.