Cut out under house: looking for input
I have a modular home with a new colony of bees underneath, been there for 2 months or so. They're going in just above the concrete blocks and are below the house, above the plastic sheet/insulation. There is room to sit (not stand up) while I work underneath.
1) open plastic and remove insulation as needed
2) carefully cut out comb, hoping to find the queen
3) transfer comb with queen to hive body, fastening with rubber bands
4) place new hive outside in front of old entrance
5) use screen "cone" to trap out returning bees, and those that are left underneath as they leave
6) paint over old residual comb spot underneath and plug entrance with expanding foam
Any thoughts? What am I missing?