Default Basswood trees, how long do they bloom???

I have a huge basswood tree that is blooming right now, does anyone know how long it will be in bloom?
    We have had rain for almost every day lately, and I am hopping that will help build up nectar. But I also hope the bees get to fill some suppers.

Default Re: Basswood trees, how long do they bloom???

they can wwork basswood even during the rain as long as they can fly as the bulbs hang down.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

Basswood is short blooming, like about a week maximum for an individual blossom, however, in my area right now, some trees are in full bloom and others still have not bloomed at all, so the whole basswood bloom in general is stretched out probably for a couple weeks. We also are getting lots of rain, 24 hrs. doesn't go by without some rain, but we are getting sun and warmth also, but I'm afraid its hurting the basswood flow overall, even though the flowers do hang upside down. When conditions are perfect, basswood can yield tremendous amounts of nectar in a short time, and the honey is excellent when blended with the clover that blooms at the same time. John

I think about a week or ten days. As mentioned the timing is different between trees. Near work they were all done a while back. 45 miles away at home they're just finishing now. Lot's of rain here too!
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"