Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Peigon mountain

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  adam@azapiaries 
#1 ·
So i found this place and they have some beautiful stuff. I want the copper covered top and that hive stand. It make it look oreantal to me and i like that. I think i have pieced togather all that ill need to put togather one hive. Is there anything i should know before i order? And wit a 50.00 top and 80.00 stand the total being 300.00 does this sound about right?

#2 ·
I dont want to take away from pigeon mnt they do have some nice stuff, but have you checked out Brushy mnt. There things are a little bit cheaper, plus in the month of December they have free shipping. Which adds up to alot of savings when buying new hives. Its kind of late in the year to start beekeeping so it might be worth the wait. I wait every year and I hate it, but its worth it. Steve

#3 ·
Hey dog, the Hive stand, I'm assuming u are talking about the "Ultimate Hive Stand", I'm sure is a good stand, however, they are extremely pricey considering alternatives. If u are going for that look and can afford it, go for it. I build my own stands, costs less than 10 bucks, and I feel they look terrific. To each his own, lol. I do however like the "Ultimate Hive Cover" from the same company which is competitively priced with any other cover on the market.

#5 · (Edited)
I know with your work schedule it may be tough to do but I would join a local beekeeping club. Often times they have classes including where to buy the best and least expensive equipment. You could met experienced beekeepers in your area and perhaps get the benefit of a mentor as well.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.