Default Lots of uncapped honey but need to move hives

I use full deeps for my supers and I have an apiary location that I need to move 12 hives from. They will be moved 200 miles away and there is a LOT of uncapped honey in the supers.

First of all I don't want to haul the uncapped honey 200 miles and I am also afraid it won't stay in the comb for that long of a move. I'd also like to have two deep supers of just comb on my hives when I move them to the apiary 200 miles away so that I don't have to worry about adding supers.

Can someone give me direction on what would be the best thing to do here?

Here's something I thought about doing..............putting the frames with a lot of uncapped honey into my extractor and extracting the uncapped honey only. After I've collected the uncapped honey I would feed it back to my bees that I am keeping locally. Since we are are going into a dry time of the year and my local bees won't have anything to forage on they can put the extracted "uncapped" honey into their supers and cap it. With frames of honey that now have all the uncapped extracted honey out I can then extract the capped honey and be confident of the moisture content. I will then have the completely extracted frames ready to be put back into the supers going on the hives being shipped 200 miles away.

Default Re: Lots of uncapped honey but need to move hives

That sounds like a plan but alot of work.
    "It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!" Zapata

Why not just move the supers of uncapped to hives you are keeping local and let them finish it out?

You could keep the supers in a room with dehumidifier to get the moisture down to 18 % and then extract. You will need a refractometer to measure the moisture... or extract and leave buckets open.