Default New guy from Bama

I am in the beginning stages of getting a couple of bee hives for the back part of my land. I have been and talked to a couple of bee keepers in the area and think I would really enjoy the addition of bees to my farm. Will probably on here asking questions as I get started into this. Is there anything I should be on the look out for or problems that others on here have faced that I can avoid being new to this...

Thanks

Default Re: New guy from Bama

Welcome. I would start with identifying a good location for your hives, plenty of input regarding that here on Beesource. Water is a resource the bees will need to access. Good luck with your bees!

Welcome Nightowl! The most common thing you will face is plenty of opinions and figuring out which way you are going to go. If you ask 6 beekeepers a question you will get at least 8 answers. The books are all pretty good, a mentor is excellent, joining a local bee club is good.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

welcome nightowl I am a newbee also , will help you if I can with my limited knowledge. I recently joined the west alabama beekeepers club, one member still had some nucs for sale, if you are interested, seems to be a great bunch of folks ready to help. lots of great info here as well. let me know if I can help you in any way.

Welcome to the site!

Quote Originally Posted by chip.gotro View Post
    welcome nightowl I am a newbee also , will help you if I can with my limited knowledge. I recently joined the west alabama beekeepers club, one member still had some nucs for sale, if you are interested, seems to be a great bunch of folks ready to help. lots of great info here as well. let me know if I can help you in any way.
    How many hives do you have. Are you home during the day? If so I would like to come by and see what you have.... Also where did you get your hives?

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl View Post
    I am in the beginning stages of getting a couple of bee hives for the back part of my land. I have been and talked to a couple of bee keepers in the area and think I would really enjoy the addition of bees to my farm. Will probably on here asking questions as I get started into this. Is there anything I should be on the look out for or problems that others on here have faced that I can avoid being new to this...

Thanks
    Here is a list of a few clubs around your area: http://www.bees-on-the-net.com/alaba...ng-clubs.html#

nightowl did you get my private message?