I am going to build some combo slatted rack / screen bottom boards.
1. How much space between the top of the slats and the bottom of the frames? 3/8" ?
2. How much space between the bottom of the slats and the screen?
3. Should the entrance be just above the screen or above the slats?
4. If I use a top entrance....is there any need to put in an entrance in this combo? Maybe a removable block....just in case I change my mind about a top entrance?
5. Is there always a need for the wide (4") piece in the front of the slat rack or can you just run the slats all the way from front to back? Any advantage to the wide front board? Even with a top entrance?