Thread: Diluting HFCS

Default Diluting HFCS

Would diluting Mann Lakes' Promix make it work better for stimulating comb building and brood rearing?

Default Re: Diluting HFCS

The prosweet blend is a blend of hfcs and sucrose they will build comb nicely with the sucrose and the hfcs will help with the brood rearing. They will store some of it because if the hfcs in it.

wish I was rich enough to afford that stuff. Paid .26 for hfcs last month. bragging. We blend with sugar to get that effect also. That and HBH.

Skinner, I was quoted $4.21 a gallon by Dadant this morning if I bring my tote to them. Do you know where I can get it cheaper? Or were you saying that you make your own HFCS and it costs .26 a gallon??

[QUOTE=matt1954;828629]Or were you saying that you make your own HFCS and it costs .26 a gallon??[/QUOTE

HFCS pricing is often quoted by the hundredweight (so $0.26 would most likely be a per pound price). More info here (courtesy of the beverage industry):
    http://www.beverage-digest.com/cgi-bin/hfcs.cgi

And last September commodity pricing by the pound:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...r-summary.html
    Graham
    --- Victor Hugo - "Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.

no, I dont make hfcs. I buy it from mt olive. to buy it anywhere else if youre close to ncarolina is... stupid. its .26 per lb. thats 16 oz, no magical hooha about hundred weight. right off the rail car. Beat that if you can. Matt, you can search beesouce mt olive corn syrup, I made a post a long time ago with the phone number. As so what I do, I blend in sugar and water to get some sucrose in it, as well as some Honey bee healthy. That's my formula. Makes em take it better and i havent had a nosema outbreak in forever. spore count is very low. single digit stuff in the field of view. good stuff, hbh. PM me if ya need help with anything

Skinner, thanks a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Apiaries View Post
    mt olive corn syrup, I made a post a long time ago with the phone number.
    Hey Skinner, how will they sell it to you? 5 gallon buckets, totes? I'd like to get it in 5 gallon buckets if I could (of course, I'd bring my own). I've found it'll last a long time if kept in sealed buckets in the garage...

Larry
    http://OxaVap.com
    Your source for Oxalic Acid Vaporizers

Larry, its a big high flow pump, barrels fill in like 15 seconds. I get it in 250 gallon totes. They sell totes too, you can probably buy one if you're there and fill it. All theyve had in them is preservative. if you ask nicely they might even lend you a water hose to blast it out real quick. Just dont keep Mr.Nickle, he's clearly a very busy man.

AND, buy pickles while youre there. They're ridiculously cheap and ridiculously good.