Hybrid View

Default Yep you gota nother new guy....

I've been getting advice from this post for a year now and thought I would finally join....I'm going into my fourth year with bees and I'm beginning to put some pieces of the puzzle in place...But I find that it only makes me have more questions. I'm thinking that is why I'm so facinated by this hobby. I'll repeat what I've read on this site, I'm learning one mistake at a time.

My First year went too smoothly and in the fall a black bear took care of all of my acomplishments, so an electric fence and 3 years later has me working 8 hives. I imagine I have more experience than I give myself credit for, but I still feel like a greenhorn...I hope I can learn much more on this forum and contribute a bit as well.

Be Safe,
    Nanook

Default Re: Yep you gota nother new guy....

Welcome!
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

Welcome, I have been keeping bees for 32 years and now have 300 colonies. Some times I still feel like a greenhorn. I hope you never loose the passion! Adam Fuller

Welcome N!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Welcome to the forums, this is my first year in beekeeeping with installing two packages on April 12. 2012 and they are doing extremely well. I live outside of Kittanning towards Elderton and have bears here very year, thankfully they haven't shown up yet but they will so I really need to install an electric fence but need some advice. Can you tell me what your setup is or lead me in the right direction, anything would be appreciated.