Default Is this disease related?

I bought 2 hives from a person that had to move due to work and i have had them for a week and we got into them yesterday and found this pattern in one of the frames. is this normal or is it disease related? thanks!

Default Re: Is this disease related?

In that small pic I'm seeing a semi-circle of brood (with a bit of bridge comb sticking out), surrounded by capped honey. That looks plenty healthy to me, unless there's something else you were wanting us to look at, at which point I think I'd need a larger pic.

No i was wondering, I am a brand new bee keeper and i just thought it was odd, considering that was the only frame that looked like that. Thank you very much!

My bees seem to like putting a section of honey above the brood in each brood comb in my KTBH hives too. I haven't seen much of the semicircle brood with honey on the top+sides, but I'm guessing that it's about the same thing, as far as the bees are concerned

Looks like they built some bridge comb between two frames that were not pushed together. Bee space! Cut it off with a hive tool and make sure those frames are together. The bees will fix it.
    Raising Vermont Bees one mistake at a time.
    USDA Zone 5A