Thread: dust mites

Default dust mites

Son suffering with prolonged coughing, doc says its because of dust mites? Its been 2months him having continuous coughing. I need some home remedies for it.

Please help.

Default Re: dust mites

I expect you've arrived here because of a Google search on the word "mites." Honey bees are afflicted with two kinds of mites but they are obligate parasites of honey bees and not the same as dust mites. It's same as if you searched on the word "snake": you'd get information about both cobras and pythons.

In the US many people have dust mite allergies because our houses are usually tightly closed against both cold and hot weather. It is common that people wrap their bed mattresses in special enclosures to keep the mites from getting in the bed clothes. But we use thick padded mattresses with a lot of synthetic materials in them, so they can't be cleaned and are never sunned.

I'm sorry that we probably can't help you since this site is dedicated just to honey bees (and their care, including how to cope with their particular kind of mites.). But I hope your son can get some relief and feels better soon.

Enjambres

Thumbs Up Re: dust mites

Quote Originally Posted by enjambres View Post
    I expect you've arrived here because of a Google search on the word "mites." Honey bees are afflicted with two kinds of mites but they are obligate parasites of honey bees and not the same as dust mites. It's same as if you searched on the word "snake": you'd get information about both cobras and pythons.

In the US many people have dust mite allergies because our houses are usually tightly closed against both cold and hot weather. It is common that people wrap their bed mattresses in special enclosures to keep the mites from getting in the bed clothes. But we use thick padded mattresses with a lot of synthetic materials in them, so they can't be cleaned and are never sunned.

I'm sorry that we probably can't help you since this site is dedicated just to honey bees (and their care, including how to cope with their particular kind of mites.). But I hope your son can get some relief and feels better soon.

Enjambres

OK, NP and thanks for the info