Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Urgent Bear Help

Dan, how are your bee's doing now?
    Ralph Waldo Emerson "To map out a course of action and follow it to the end requires courage". John 3;17

Just got back from a week long road trip. Bee escape in place and going to combine after my harvest tomorrow. Unfortunately the bees havent built out any comb in the top two boxes since I checkerboarded them weeks ago...lame. I will harvest the top two and go through the other four to see if progress has been made on the bottom nadired box.

Edit-I got an extractor for my birthday that I am going to try on my half frames. I also have some Lang frames to extract.
    Not Michael Bush. My name is Dan. Sorry for the confusion.

Nice birthday gift, did you get a 4 frame? And Happy Belated Birthday Brother Beek! Your half frames will work, just start out slow and speed up slowly until no more slings out. I hope you get a good amount from your harvest.
    God Bless my Friend!
    Ralph Waldo Emerson "To map out a course of action and follow it to the end requires courage". John 3;17

Ya my birthday was back in February, but thanks! I have just been dying to use it. It worked great. I had one comb with just a top bar, one with one side bar broken off, and the third had both side bars. All extracted with no problems. Here's to a better honey harvest next year.
    Not Michael Bush. My name is Dan. Sorry for the confusion.