I've got a few problems that I need advice on. First, I've got a hive that has been queenless for a long time. I've tried adding frames of eggs to the hive for several weeks, but so far that hasn't been successful. Yesterday, I inspected the hive and there was drone brood. I didn't see any eggs. So, I think now I either have a laying worker or a poorly mated queen. The population of that hive is rapidly declining and I'd like to combine it with another hive. Can I do a newspaper combine? I've read about dumping the laying worker hive on the ground, but a newspaper combine seems like it would be easier if it would work.

Second, I lost a hive to chalkbrood. I tried requeening that hive, but lost it anyway. Now, I have 10 drawn frames with stores and I'd like to add them to other hives, but I don't want to infect the other hives and cause more problems. I've read that it can be corrected/cleaned up by bees that are more hygenic. What is the risk in using these frames in other hives? Would you use them or destroy them? Thanks for the advice!

Bob