Hybrid View

Default Magazine Must Have!

The September issue of Grit Magazine is dedicated to backyard bees and honey. It is packed front to back with great info! This is definitely a newbee must have!

Default Re: Magazine Must Have!

September 2011?

I was so excited to find it I didn't pay attention. Lol I picked mine up at Barnes and Noble.

More specifically, it is the Grit country skills series. To be DISPLAYED until September 3, 2012. It doesn't list any other date. It is Vol. 6 No. 2

It's flashy and colorful and has some information for the new beek. I purchased the 2011 edition last year when I first started studying bees but wasn't overly impressed with it, though I can't recall what my issue with it was...for some reason I'm thinking it came over as just a really basic magazine with decent information but some good photos. I will not be purchasing the 2012 edition.

http://www.zinio.com/browse/issues/i...kuId=416222580

From what I can tell by searching online the cover of the 2011 and 2012 covers have different pictures on them but yet have the same articles listed...one exception is that the article title with the largest/boldest font "__+ KEYS TO GET THE MOST FROM YOUR BEES" has changed from 67+ to 75+ keys. I guess they found a copy of CC Miller's 50 Years on google and got a few more tips.

Sorry to be negative about the Grit publication, but it appears (like many others) they are simply cashing in on the recent increased interest in beekeeping.

Ed
    Last edited by Intheswamp; 06-18-2012 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Deleted some words to reduce my harshness of critic. :)

They can also be bought at Sam's and WalMart.