Default Hello from Ireland

Hi, I am a new pee-keeper and also new to this site so please bear with me .
    I have now one hive after I lost a hive last winter ( no decease ), the hive was two boxes in March this year and in good sunny day bees are flying happily in good numbers. I added a third box late March when I found the bees have had reached the outside frames. In May I checked the new box and it was full of honey and covered in bees. I left it as is and added a new box on top of a queen excluder, the forth box had 12 frames with wax sheets.
    Inspected yesterday, there are bees on the frames but none has been drawn. Any advice why? I hoped it would be full of honey by now. What can I do to encourage the bees to draw the sheets?
    Thanks

Default Re: Hello from Ireland

Hi Ardea, and welcome to the forum.

I spend 10 days in County Kerry every August, and ride an old bike past the signpost pointing to Tuosist often on my way to Kilmakilloge or Glengariffe & beyond! You have some tremendous flora there - I'm thinking especially of those lovely fuschia bushes, and the tiny orange lilies lining the roads. That side of Ireland is one of the most beautiful places on earth, I think.

I am a new beekeeper, so other than complimenting where you live I can't be of any help! But if you don't get an answer here on this thread, repost your question in "Beekeeping 101" and it will get answered - not everyone looks in the "welcome forum"

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by BSAChris View Post
    Hi Ardea, and welcome to the forum.

I spend 10 days in County Kerry every August, and ride an old bike past the signpost pointing to Tuosist often on my way to Kilmakilloge or Glengariffe & beyond! You have some tremendous flora there - I'm thinking especially of those lovely fuschia bushes, and the tiny orange lilies lining the roads. That side of Ireland is one of the most beautiful places on earth, I think.

I am a new beekeeper, so other than complimenting where you live I can't be of any help! But if you don't get an answer here on this thread, repost your question in "Beekeeping 101" and it will get answered - not everyone looks in the "welcome forum"

Chris
    Hi Chris, good to hear from you, I agree that the ring of Kerry is one of the most beautiful places in Ireland, not sure about the weather though. If you passing Tuosist in Aug. bob in for a cub of tea would love to show you my bee hive. Will try Beekeeping 101 thanks again

I'll send you a message when I'm in the general area, end of August. I would love to see how beekeeping is done in Ireland versus the USA. I picture your bees as friendlier :-)

Welcome Ardea!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com