Default capping's.. separating wax from honey ... maxant Capping's Spinner

how do u guys separate your honey from the capping's? just let it drain through the sieve? i seen maxant has a capping spinner that looks affective. i was wondering how much honey is wasted by not removing it totally?
    how much honey can be recovered using a spinner?

Default Re: capping's.. separating wax from honey ... maxant Capping's Spinner

I have no real good idesa about how but we seperated four frames this week and I let the honey drain from the cappings for two days then melted the wax down and there was still half a pound of honey under the wax when it all cooled

I've used the Maxant spinners for years and on avg. there is 1-2% left in the cappings. A lot is depending on the temp. of the cappings how good they spin out.

If you have an extractor, you can place the capping is two nylon bags and put one on either side of the extractor for balance and run the extractor.

Ypu can also put the capping out in a deep tray and away from the bee hives. The bees will clean them out and leave the cappings.
    Old Guy in Alabama

Alabama both of thos are great Ideas.

We put the cappings on some foil and place it on top of the inner cover surrounded by a deep. The bees clean up the mess for themselves and we get clean cappings back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Honey Householder View Post
    I've used the Maxant spinners for years and on avg. there is 1-2% left in the cappings. A lot is depending on the temp. of the cappings how good they spin out.
    Honeyhousehoulder
    I just purchased Maxants spin float and it should be here next week. It removes the wax and foreign particles from the honey and suppose to be clean enough to sell. All this with no heat or straining. Plan on selling as unfiltered unstrained raw honey. Only downside is I'm $10,000 poorer!