Default Is there a way to determine plants feeding bees? Typical flows for Cleveland, OH?

I am watching the bees coming in with their legs packed with pollen. The colors have changed over the spring as they find new sources and plants cycle.

Is there a guide, book or chart that would help me identify the plants my bees are sourcing their pollen from? They had hunter orange pollen last week to a light yellow pollen this week.

I am in an urban setting on an Alpaca farm with lots of clover pasture as well as a nursery and rasberry farm next door. I am hoping any dearth will be short lived but do not know the flow pattern in my area.

Anybody from the Cleveland, OH area that can give me a break down of a typical flow schedule? I am feeding but my one hive is almost maxed out in two deeps. I want to add a super but not if we are going into a dearth.

Jay

Default Re: Is there a way to determine plants feeding bees? Typical flows for Cleveland, OH

This page lists pollen sources and their corresponding colors:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollen_source

You may be able to match up the colors you see out in the apiary.

Default Re: Is there a way to determine plants feeding bees? Typical flows for Cleveland, OH

Quote Originally Posted by jonlorusso View Post
    This page lists pollen sources and their corresponding colors:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollen_source

You may be able to match up the colors you see out in the apiary.
    I love this site! Thank you for the site! now I gotta print it and sit and watch my hives! Tomorrow is going to be a quiet day .