Default 2012 Nucs near Michigan Medium?

I'm looking for 5-10 nucs near Michigan (I don't mind driving a decent ways), hopefully in time for cherry/peach bloom (mid to end of Aprilish). I have my own boxes. I've been considering trying some hives as all mediums as my wife sometimes helps me out and deeps can be backbusters. If anyone can point me to someone that supplies medium nucs it would be appreciated, otherwise I may just have to stick with traditional deep nucs. If you have something that might fit let me know.

Default Re: 2012 Nucs near Michigan Medium?

Try Don Lam in Holland djl2003@juno.com
    or Mel Disselkoen mdasplitter@sbcglobal.net good luck and join a local bee club http://hollandbees.wordpress.com/

Thanks for the leads. I sent off a couple of emails hopefully something will work out. I've been meaning to join an association, just haven't gotten around to it yet (insert lame excuse).

Huron City Bees: http://www.mibees.com/

I have a friend down in the Detroit area who wanted medium nucs, and she said that these folks were planning on having medium nucs this spring. Get in touch with them and see if they have what you want. Good luck!

I can help you out with 5-10 nucs this spring. will have both 5 frame deep and 8 frame med available. I live NW Grand Rapids, (Tallmadge Twp). price will be $95 for either. I live in MI and overwinter bees and myself in Florida, should be availale late April early May

Sending you PM Jerry.

the 8 frame med nucs will have 4-5 frames of brood, 1-2 frames of honey, 1-2 frames of pollen mix, and will be top to bottom-wall to wall bees. A solid laying queen raised in 2012, Italian/Carnolian. no frame exchange. would appreciate if you could provide your own boxes. if you're not able to, we will figure out something that works for both of us.
    I would like you to check them out before any money changes hands. if you are not 110% satisfied, please do not feel obligated in any way

Well I checked with the Mrs. and she cleared me for another 5, so put me down for that. I'll get some boxes ready, just give me a heads up when you make it back to Michigan and I'll come check it out.

Thanks again, looking forward checking out the bees this Spring.
    (contact info should be in the last message I sent you)

Sent you a PM, realized I don't have any contact info other than beesource. Hopefully you've still got some nucs available after this goofy Spring.

If you need and deep frame nucs, I have some available.