Default Need a package of bees

Really need a source for some package bees. My cousin wanted a TBH, so we made him one. Problem is, can't easily do a split from one our our hives to get him started. So, if anyone knows of some package bees, please let me know.

Thanks
    Shane

Default Re: Need a package of bees

Shane
    I can't help with the package as all my bees are spoken for. I make both type hives and prefer the TBH for personal use.
    I do all the cutout and swarm removal I can. I made a split frame that fits the TBH. When I cut the comb out of a feral hive, I trim it to fit and insert it directly into the TBH.
    You could do a split, cut the comb out of the Langstroth frame, trim it to fit the TBH.
    I use wire on my split frames to hold the comb and use plastic wire ties to strap them together. There are many other ways to do this.
    Regards
    Joe

ts
    It's pretty late in the year to install a package as it gets harder to get tthem to draw comb the later in the year. But with that said I can shake 3 or 4lbs with a queen if interested. I don't know were Big Stone Gap is but I'm near Charlottsville Va.
    PM me if you want or email me at wever1@verizon.net

Did you find something adequate? I am in Roanoke so a long trip for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RudyT View Post
    Did you find something adequate? I am in Roanoke so a long trip for you.
    Actually, the bees are for my cousin who lives in Roanoke. Can you send me a number?

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by tsmullins View Post
    Actually, the bees are for my cousin who lives in Roanoke. Can you send me a number?

Shane
    Your cousin PMed me. Turns out he lives within a few miles in the general neighborhood so if he likes the bees he'll be set. Thanks to you and thanks to beesource. The internet really does work. James Tew spoke at the VA Beekeepers Spring meeting and pointed out the opportunity the internet presents beekeepers. You asked for my phone: 540 798 7103. Rudy Taylor.