Default Hello from Whitfield County GA

Hello everyone!

I'm a first year beek, I was introduced by my girlfriends grandfather who has given me 2 hives that his brother due to health conditions couldn't maintain. I never previously had any interest in bee's or bee keeping, but since I got the hives now I've got the "itch" so to speak and have become infatuated with this new hobby. Between my 2 hives and my girlfriends family, we have 9 hives total, and have done pretty well this year in regards to honey. I'm excited to have the opportunity to glean from many of you and have enjoyed reading your posts thus far. I plan on reading a lot and posting a little and am happy to have this resource to study from. Thanks to all the admins and to all you that have a wealth of experience who take the time to share it on this site. I look forward to many years in the bee keeping world, and hope to soak up as much knowledge as I can!

Sincerly,
    Andy F.
    GAdrone

Default Re: Hello from Whitfield County GA

Welcome GAdrone, Good to see others from GA. here. I am from the southern end of the state. This site is a great wealth of information.
    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
    http://photobucket.com/MCBees

Welcome Andy!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Welcome to the site!

Welcome and enjoy your stay! You're not too far from Pigeon Mountain Trading Company (beekeeping supplies) in Lafayette, GA. We took a day and went down there. It is an interesting store. I have pictures on my blog.

Good luck with your bees!
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/

Welcome aboard, Andy. I'm a first year beek, too, started studying last summer...first bees this past December. Sounds like you've got a good foundation there to start out with and you got the deal of the century....2 hives of bees and a southern belle. Now, take good care of both of them, especially the latter one.

Ed

Welcome to the site.