Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Moving down into the next box

I made a split in to a warre on June 15th. They filled the top box nicely, but haven't moved into the second box yet. I am guessing that they might have swarmed, so I am hoping that they will start building when the fall flow gets going. I am going to try to inspect as best I can today to see if they have a queen that is laying. I just hope they can store enough to make it through the winter.

CKOHL, That's encouraging. Thanks.

BernhardHeuvel,

Thanks for the tip on dismantling and turning the boxes over or on their side - that helps a lot. And for the picture - wow!

DW

Quote Originally Posted by JasonERD View Post
    I made a split in to a warre on June 15th. They filled the top box nicely, but haven't moved into the second box yet. I am guessing that they might have swarmed, so I am hoping that they will start building when the fall flow gets going. I am going to try to inspect as best I can today to see if they have a queen that is laying. I just hope they can store enough to make it through the winter.
    I looks like my hive swarmed, probably when I was on vacation... no wonder they aren't moving down right now.. They have barely enough bees to cover the comb they have.

They are capping the last of the worker brood now, so I think it will be a few weeks before they have a laying queen again. hopefully then they will build at least the second box for the winter.

sorry to hear that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234