Wanted to post an update. The colony has been removed sucessfully from the tree. I could have taken the trap off two weeks ago but I was going on vacation for a week and wanted the bees in the box to provide some protection against wax moths, etc. I took the trap off Monday and moved the remaining bees to the beeyard and shook them out on the ground away from the hives. They had developed a laying worker so I figured they'd divide themselves between the queenright hives. I moved one of the hives that I took from the tree back to rob out any remaining stores from the tree. I've never seen so much activity! I think I need to super the hive because it's gaining weight pretty rapidly and I have no idea how much honey is in the tree. I'll be sending the bill later this week for 5 hours time, mileage, and $60 in materials.