Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Mark's (sqkcrk) Blueberry Pollination in Maine

No Herb. I was there to work for and help Chuck. Besides, David Hackenberg was almost too busy to talk. So, neither did I consider asking, he was moving to fast to engauge in conversation.

It looked to me like it ran around faster and smoother. I would expect it to also do so in the sandy soil of NC.

Don, there weren't many bees lost in the moving of them. Mostly they were moved and loaded on days, and at the time of day, when bees weren't flying. The nights were pretty cool. Sometimes I wished I had Long Johns on. But not for long.

Barry, thanks for Posting the rest of the pictures so folks could see them and I could save them in my Picture File. Now if I could just figure out how to Post Pics on beesource I'd be in heaven. The Instructions are closed down last I looked.
    Mark Berninghausen
    Squeak Creek Apiaries

Here are some pictures I took with Mark in South and North Carolinas doing Blueberry pollination.

nc 1.jpg

nc 2.jpg

nc 3.jpg

nc 5.jpg

nc 9.jpg

nc 10.jpg

nc 11.jpg

nc 17.jpg

nc 18.jpg

sc 1.jpg

sc 2.jpg

sc 5.jpg

sc 6.jpg

sc 9.jpg

sc 10.jpg
    https://www.facebook.com/stevesbees99
    Please visit my page, Thanks

Thanks Steve. I forgot you took some pictures. I also didn't recall netting the load. Huh.
    Mark Berninghausen
    Squeak Creek Apiaries

I've done a few "net jobs" like that myself. Hey it keeps the lids on right? Other than that I think of them as mostly symbolic.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I've never been ticketed for not having a net, and I run w/out one often, but I have heard of those who have been who didn't have enough nets. I bet there is a regulation out there somewhere.
    Mark Berninghausen
    Squeak Creek Apiaries

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    I've never been ticketed for not having a net, and I run w/out one often, but I have heard of those who have been who didn't have enough nets. I bet there is a regulation out there somewhere.
    No doubt. I was hauling an unnetted load one night when I had what must have been a bored town cop stop me (as near as I could tell) just for sport. He walked up to the truck with flashlight in hand leaned one hand against a box and asked me what I was hauling. I said "bees and I would suggest not leaning against them or shining your light on them unless you want to get stung". I was back on the road in no time.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

The faster I go, the behinder I get.
    Mark Berninghausen
    Squeak Creek Apiaries

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    No doubt. I was hauling an unnetted load one night when I had what must have been a bored town cop stop me (as near as I could tell) just for sport. He walked up to the truck with flashlight in hand leaned one hand against a box and asked me what I was hauling. I said "bees and I would suggest not leaning against them or shining your light on them unless you want to get stung". I was back on the road in no time.
    Guess I am not the only one with a story like that. Our town cop actually got nailed pretty good.
    “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - The Quran

Mark, I am not a techie, and I find Photobucket easy. My photos from my cell phone automatically upload to my photobucket account and then it is pretty easy to cut and paste a link to Beesource.

For Example: Yellow sweet clover as far as the eye can see. Taken from the minivan on the way back from Mount Rushmore near Vivian, SD.
    http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/...6-15113649.jpg

What kind of Phone do you have? Or is it the Plan which allows that upload?

Did you like the series of photos? I wish I could have organized them better, but most were sent the day they were taken.
    Mark Berninghausen
    Squeak Creek Apiaries

Mark. I did enjoy the photos. I also imagined high-bush blueberries, and was surprised to see the low bushes. I like seeing photos of different parts of the country and how the bees are managed there.
    My phone is a Samsung Galaxy, an "android", it is the photobucket "app" on the phone and the data plan that allows me to have photos automatically uploaded. The only thing I don't like on the phone is the battery life; I pretty much have to keep it plugged in to the cigarette lighter/charger port as I'm driving because the battery lasts less than a day if I search internet etc. It lasts longer, a few days, if I just use it as a phone and a camera.

I'll have to look into one of those. Or simply take my camera next time. Though it is more bulky and it would be cumbersome taking it up on top of a load of bees when I am supposed to be working. Someone might loose patience w/ me were I to do that.
    Mark Berninghausen
    Squeak Creek Apiaries

If your phone is able to send emails, you can email your photos from your phone to your Photobucket account:
    http://photobucket.com/mobile/upload

If you want more details on this option, see this newsletter page:
    http://pic.photobucket.com/newslette...leuploads.html
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234