Default White clover not being used by bees

My closest neighbors and I all have several acres each of lawn grass covered with white clover; however, I have yet to see one bee on any of it. Any idea why my bees aren't there gathering pollen and nectar from these abundant sources?

Default Re: White clover not being used by bees

they have found something they like better. the rain we have had here has stopped our clover flow by washing out the nectar. dry weather sometimes severly limits nectar production. just blooming by itself does not equate with a flow.
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

Could be they are busy with something else. I too have acres of white clover and few bees in it. The bee yard is surrounded by it. But I do see pollen being brought in. My hives have lots of honey stored and are growing in population. I think that there is something better they are working right now.

It is dry here in North East Ohio where I live and that may be why too.

I had something similar happen. I let the white clover grow up in my yard but the bees never took to it, so I mowed it. After I mowed, new white clover was exposed and within a couple of days the bees were on it like crazy. I'm guessing the nectar had been washed out of the old clover (as mentioned above) or the bees had already depleted it without me noticing.