Default mediums or deeps for sale

Hi all,

I am a new beek this year and noticed that my bees made a queen cell between my inspection last week and my inspection today. I called my bee guild president and she said to split the hive. Here's the problem: I don't have any more woodenware. I was not expecting the bees to explode in population this year and did not make any extra this winter.

Is there anyone within an hour of Chesapeake, VA that would have some woodenware for sale? I have frames so I need a bottom board, mediums for brood nest and honey storage. I will make my own migratory cover.I know my lack of proper planning and procrastination does not constitute an emergency on your part and I appreciate any responses.

Thank you!

Brent Strange

Default Re: mediums or deeps for sale

If you ever need a bunch of old supers, despite my being (guess) 4 plus hours away, I have loads of them.

Your best bet might be your local bee association. Its the Tidewater Beekeepers Associations and their site says they are the largest one in your area with 180 members. Here is there site: http://www.tidewaterbeekeepers.net/
    and this from the site tells where they meet: Our meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm, in the Towne Hall wing of Towne Bank, 137 Mt. Pleasant Rd., Chesapeake, VA 23322. They have contact sites on their web page.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Apiaries View Post
    If you ever need a bunch of old supers, despite my being (guess) 4 plus hours away, I have loads of them.
    Thanks Paul. I'll keep you in mind. I found someone about 28 miles away and I am going there tonight but I will be near you in August. I'll PM you around then and see if you still have them available.
    Thanks!
    Brent

Quote Originally Posted by Nantom670 View Post
    Your best bet might be your local bee association. Its the Tidewater Beekeepers Associations and their site says they are the largest one in your area with 180 members. Here is there site: http://www.tidewaterbeekeepers.net/
    and this from the site tells where they meet: Our meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm, in the Towne Hall wing of Towne Bank, 137 Mt. Pleasant Rd., Chesapeake, VA 23322. They have contact sites on their web page.
    Thanks Nantom670! After I posted this I thought of contacting my bee club and found a member with equipment for sale.

Brent

That is good. I married my wife when I was in the Navy in '65 she is from S. Chesapeake, graduated Oscar Smith in "66