Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poachers

Default Re: Poachers

I'm not reading wannabeefarms post as anything other than a statement of Ontario law odd though it might be.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

To the best of my knowledge, Wannabee's statements are an accurate reflection of common law, that may or may not have been codified. For example, I own a bee tree in the State forest, due to the fact that my initial's are on it. If it was in my county, which rescinded the common law, it would not be mine.

P.S. You should have seen the look on the State Forester's face when I explained the law. He could not find anything to say it was NOT my tree.

Crazy Roland

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, Wannabee's statements are an accurate reflection of common law, that may or may not have been codified. For example, I own a bee tree in the State forest, due to the fact that my initial's are on it. If it was in my county, which rescinded the common law, it would not be mine.

P.S. You should have seen the look on the State Forester's face when I explained the law. He could not find anything to say it was NOT my tree.

Crazy Roland
    I have read similar statements. If your initials are in the bee tree then the bees belong to you.

In today's time, could an environmental group, person, etc., file charges of vandalism against people who claim they own a bee tree because their initials are on it...they may not argue about the person's ownership of the bees but claim the beek is admitting to defacing/vandalizing the tree? Just thinking "outside the tree" with a "what if" scenario.

Btw Roland...interesting law, thanks for sharing.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by wannabeefarms View Post
    In Ontario Bee laws and regulations if you are actively chasing a swarm they are considerably your property and you have the right to enter another person's property to retrieve them. As soon as you stop chasing them, someone can chase them and assume ownership. If they enter someone else's equipment you no longer have legal claim to them.
    Actually that seems very reasonable IMO, I would feel that way about someone catching one of my swarms or me of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabeefarms View Post
    In Ontario Bee laws and regulations .... you have the right to enter another person's property to retrieve them.
    If you chase your swarm onto George Zimmerman's property without permission you might regret it. I think I would get permission before chasing my swarm onto other's property.
    Actually, I just let the swarm hang there so I keep it a secret I am keeping bees.

>If they enter someone else's equipment you no longer have legal claim to them

Good, now I don't feel bad about all the bait swarms I catch. Catchers Bee Keepers Losers Bee Weepers. I need a bumper sticker like that.

Quote Originally Posted by odfrank View Post
    If you chase your swarm onto George Zimmerman's property without permission you might regret it. I think I would get permission.
    There is a big difference between trespassing and attacking someone!.....unless you're a liberal.....then guns are bad....OKay....lol
    Leer Family Honey Farm-Shannon Leer

Dbl post
    Leer Family Honey Farm-Shannon Leer

so if I go after my pigs on someones land, and they coral them, they get to keep them? Not likely. Real livestock precedence could easily outweigh this in court. Presuming you can prove something is yours. That aside. This is kind of a dumb thread. If you have neighbors harassing your op, have a talk with them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123